OK Jen Lynn I will bite...

September 30, 2007

 1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
We were living in beautiful Moscow Idaho studying full time at U of I. I was getting my Business degree majoring in Marketing. Aaron was working on his general Engineering degree. We lived in the  cutest house with a big fireplace and a huge old fashioned bath tub with feet. It had a big front porch and huge lovely rooms . The only tragic part of it was the green living room carpet but all in all,  we loved it and after our Rexburg apartment, it was like heaven. In between going to school, I had two Marketing internships. One was for the U of I Enrichment Program and one was for the USDA Dry Pea and Lentil Council. (Yes, such a thing exists!) All the dried peas and lentils I could eat were mine..ah those were the days folks. Living large. It was very busy but fun. We had just bought tickets to go to South Africa for Christmas and were really excited, I was getting ready to go represent the Lentils in Florida at the American Heart Association Conference. Unbeknownst to us, I would get pregnant  with Benjamin within the next month. (Which made the SA trip somewhat un-fun). Fun, busy, happy time.
2. Five Years ago? Oct, 2002. We were living in Pittsburg, CA about to move to Napa Valley, CA. We were super excited but also really sad to be leaving our wonderful ward family in Pittsburg who had been unbelievably good to us. I was in the RS Presidency. It was busy but fun. Another really good time in our life.
Gracie was about 10 months old and very spoiled from having been permanently held by her father who had been unemployed for her whole life up until this time. Aaron had FINALLY received a job offer.Whoohooo!!! and was commuting to Napa everyday until we moved and I was experiencing the reality of 3 kids without an all day helper. The boys were super cute at 4 and 2.  Shona and Marc were living in Canada and would come down frequently to visit which was sooo much fun.
3. One Year ago? Not the best of times. I was losing my mind. Nuff said.
4. Yesterday? 4 soccer games. Starting at 9:00am. That's about it. Went to watch General RS Broadcast with Julie last night.
5. 5 Snacks I enjoy? Kashi Go Lean roll bars, Liquorice (the black type, "Red Vines" are NOT liquorice, people! They are merely the same shape and they are gross), Kozy Shack rice pudding with fresh blueberries mixed in, Key lime cheese cake from Myles bakery (not really a "snack" though is it? More like a week's worth of calories..,Genisoy soy chips-the salt and vinegar, bbq and black pepper ones are sooooooo GOOD. SO good. (Craving)
6. 5 things I would do if I suddenly had a $100 Million? Pay off our student loan and other debt. Yeah that about takes care of all the money.
7. Five locations I would like to "run away to"?
Cape Town, SA..I am having the most incredible yearning to go and run on Fish Hoek beach toward Clovelly! (In that link you can see the mountain with houses on-just outside to the right of the frame would be the house we used to live in) and to take my kids for a walk along the catwalk. And to drive along Chapman's peak at sunset and look down on Camps Bay beach and stop at one of the restaurants along the drive. That place is just brilliant.
Drakensburg Mountains in South Africa- in one of the hotels I stayed in as a child, where they have "tea" on the lawn at 4pm and tea to wake you up in the morning and the most amazing hills to run on, and the most incredible views and, and...sniff.
Adelaide Australia-to my sister's gorgeous French Provencal guestroom which is complete with robes and L'Occitane bath products, and even my sister! Conveniently housed there too!
Johannesburg, South Africa-to my mom's house. Who does not want to run home to mom sometimes? Plus Joburg is just so cool.
Malolotja Game Reserve in Swaziland. I want to take my family to hike there and camp there and go swimming in the waterfalls and not see anyone else for days. Magical. Also Sibebe. Same thing.
8. 5 bad habits I have? Just 5? Are you kidding? Well being indecisive is one of them and I can't  pick just 5...anyone who knows me can make their own selections. Looking to my left I see that not putting my empty cups of tea in the sink is one of them too.
9. 5 things I like doing? Running, being with/talking to people who make me laugh, writing, reading, hanging with my family.
10.5 things I like to watch on TV? Hmmm...just recently rediscovered TV a bit...and realised it was not really worth re-discovering: The Office, Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Life with Derek, reruns of High School Musical 1 and 2. Oh dear sweet people, I wish I were kidding.
11. 5 things I hate doing?
Cleaning under pressure, sorting through paperwork, changing diapers (hellooooo!!!!! wasn't that supposed to be over by now?), thinking about money, driving near trucks.
12. 5 Biggest joys of the moment?
The beautiful, beautiful weather. Could it be any more glorious? Fall is truly just magnificent (which makes winter that much more heinous), laughing at the things my funny kids say, running outside on a beautiful clear evening with my hair loose and feeling the wind in it (I do realise how lame this sounds but it is an awesome feeling), watching my kids play soccer, and literally at this moment? eating Kellogs Raisin Bran Crunch-this is some good cereal.
YOU'RE IT!
Posted at 05:23 PM | Permalink

TrackBack
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54ee69349883400e54eed77e08833
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference OK Jen Lynn I will bite...:

Comments

Samantha O.
Thanks for writing this, Kirsty. I enjoyed "catching up" with your life of the past ten years. I would also love to run away to the Drakensberg or Cape Town, though your sister's guest room sounds tempting too! I had no idea you'd moved around so much, by the way.
Posted by: Samantha O. | September 30, 2007 at 11:48 PM

Charis
Loved reading your blog - you're one amazing woman with all that you are doing. Have a fabulous Monday :-) Charis
Posted by: Charis | October 01, 2007 at 08:45 AM

Charis
Loved reading your blog - you're one amazing woman with all that you are doing. Have a fabulous Monday :-) Charis
Posted by: Charis | October 01, 2007 at 08:46 AM

Jen
Re: One year ago - I remember that. I thought you were joking.
Re: where you'd run away to - AAAHHH I'd like to try Africa someday. Looks beauti-ful.
Re: TV - Holy crap, woman. Are you a mom or something?? Actually, I secretly try to watch Hannah Montana when the kids are asleep and Q is sitting next to me, but for some reason he makes me turn the channel. That girl rox though, doesn't she???
Posted by: Jen | October 01, 2007 at 01:03 PM

Jen
Re: One year ago - I remember that. I thought you were joking.
Re: where you'd run away to - AAAHHH I'd like to try Africa someday. Looks beauti-ful.
Re: TV - Holy crap, woman. Are you a mom or something?? Actually, I secretly try to watch Hannah Montana when the kids are asleep and Q is sitting next to me, but for some reason he makes me turn the channel. That girl rox though, doesn't she???
Posted by: Jen | October 01, 2007 at 01:03 PM

I'm reading: OK Jen Lynn I will bite...Tweet this!

0 comments: