Statistically speaking....

October 12, 2007

as in...when I checked my blog "stats" I was rather surprised to learn that there appears to be rather more then 3 people reading this blog. (Not that those 3 don't make it all totally worthwhile)
Yet still, there are The Others, and they remain in stoney silence. Perhaps they feel no pressure to give any input since MY OWN FAMILYhas yet to do so. Or maybe they just think it would be kinder not to tell me what they really think about the meanderings of my strange little mind. (And far be it for me to say that I am secure enough for people to be mean to me, even if I have never met them, so if you are a mean person please feel free to remain in obscurity). However, if you are a nice person by all means, post something-it needn't be nice, neutral is fine...just so that I know that all the hits are not from my mother. And really when I think about it, I am sure that if you read my blog you are of superior intellect and wit and probably pretty groovy all round and it would be nice to meet you. (See how I cover the aforementioned insecurity with the rather immature grandstanding...see how smoothly I did that?)
But seriously, I embarked upon this endeavour because I enjoy writing, I find it therapeutic but I am too preoccupied at this moment to persuade someone to pay me to do it (which is probably good because there is nothing like an assignment with the promise of money attached to it, to give you a writers block of Biblical proportions)
Also I feel a sense of responsibility to record some parts of of my life and that of my family for the sake of posterity. Unfortunately, I don't have the discipline to do it just for them. What can I say, I need an audience and it's more fun with an audience who have already been born, so I figured I would do it for my  far-flung family and whichever far-flung friend who may want to catch up every so often, and for my kids who may get a kick out of it in a few years, and heck if the posterity can still access anything put into a computer at this time..they may find it quaint. But mostly for me, because I forget and there are some things you definitely don't want to forget. Anyway, all this to say , if you do not wish to comment, no pressure.
But since I now know that you Others are out there and my mom taught me to be polite, it would feel ungracious not to say thanks for reading, hope you will continue to, and that you enjoy the ramblings or at least get a sense of comfort out of the fact that you are not as neurotic as I am. And probably your house is cleaner. And probably you cook. Stuff like that. Whatever works for you man! I'm here for you.
Posted at 12:28 AM | Permalink

TrackBack
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00e54ee69349883400e54f0a454c8834
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Statistically speaking....:

Comments

Melissa
Ok, ok, I'm coming out of hiding! Bryan and I miss you guys!!! And I love reading your blog. I promise to comment more often. Hugs to you!
Posted by: Melissa | October 12, 2007 at 07:31 AM

Genevieve
Hi Frog. I've been reading your blog, yes I have! I loved the part about coveting the neighbour's house in TP. I think my sis reads your blog too - she turned me onto it!! Love, Toad
Posted by: Genevieve | October 12, 2007 at 06:19 PM

Genevieve
In fact, I have an RSS feed from your blog to my windows live page, which i check everyday. Okay, several times everyday, when I should be working :)
Posted by: Genevieve | October 12, 2007 at 06:20 PM

Kim (&Megan)
Coming out of hiding! Your flushing out seems to be working! I do love reading what you write, you have such style and such a way with words, you keep me giggling!
Posted by: Kim (&Megan) | October 12, 2007 at 07:06 PM

Carolyn
I guess your know I am not afraid to comment as I have in the past. I just had to tell you thanks for all the wonderful compliments to me as a reader of your blog. Nothing like a little ego puffing to get more good comments. I am like you in wanting only good responses or none at all, I don't think I am secure enough if someone wants to say something mean.
Posted by: Carolyn | October 12, 2007 at 07:16 PM

Jen
Check out google analytics. It will show you who visits your site.
Posted by: Jen | October 13, 2007 at 04:57 PM

Kirsty
All inclusive shout-out to all those who indulged me:
*Hey Melissa (and Bryan!!) we miss you too. Thanks so much for posting to the boys. Keeping everything crossed for you guys. :) Any news?
*Carolyn, thanks for being such a consistent commenter, you of course are one of the regulars I was gratefully referring to ;)
*Toad! Howzit! I am guilty of looking at your new house pictures on facebook and not saying anything. Great house, awesome view!! Very impressive, you done good!!! Tell Sam she is so cool. Actually she reads this so: *SAM you are so cool :D
*Hey Kim thanks for representin' for the 7/00 peeps! You get double dose neurosis. LuccKEEEE!!! Hope the knee is being kind.
*Jen for some reason I have a hang-up about tracking software, it creeps me out. One thing to know the numbers, another to know the names. I figure if you don't want me to know you are reading...that's ok. Maybe I don't want to know you are reading either LOL.
Posted by: Kirsty | October 13, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Steph
Hey K - Once you invited me to read your blog, I've checked it too. I miss our daily talks, and this is the next best thing!
Posted by: Steph | October 15, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Carolyn
Hey, I can't seem to get the tracking thing figured out on my blog. Darn it, I would really like to know who is reading my blog. Any advice? I tried following the directions on the google analytics page. I am just really not very computer inclined sometimes.
Posted by: Carolyn | October 15, 2007 at 03:19 PM

I'm reading: Statistically speaking....Tweet this!

0 comments: