New Summer Stand-by: Lemonade Cookies




A couple of weeks ago my friend Peggy made these cookies for an event. She kindly shared the recipe with me and since then I have made them at least 4 times for the plethora of end of year events. Happily they have been very well received by all audiences. They are perfect for Summer. Dangerously light and fluffy, with just the right amount of tang and sweetness. They are also very easy to make which is a non-negotiable requirement in my kitchen.

Yesterday, I remembered to take some photos before the feeding frenzy commenced, and so I thought I would share their lemony loveliness with you. Enjoy!

Lemonade Cookies

1 C butter or margarine
1 C sugar
2 eggs
3 C flour
1 tsp soda
1 - 6 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, beat till fluffy. Sift the flour and soda together. Add alternately to the creamed mixture with 1/2 C of the lemonade concentrate. Drop by teaspoon 2 inches apart on cookie sheet sprayed with baking spray (or parchment paper). Bake at 375 for 8 minutes (or until lightly browned around the edges.) Brush hot cookies with remaining lemonade concentrate (I am pretty liberal with this) ; sprinkle immediately with sugar.

Remove cookies from cookie sheet to a cooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen

I'm reading: New Summer Stand-by: Lemonade CookiesTweet this!

2 comments:

Genny said...

They are pretty, and they sound easy to make! Glad I stopped by. I'm writing this recipe down!

Unknown said...

I'm going to make those today! They were so good. I finally got some of that video up, it was just to large of a file.