Can't help falling in love......

I asked Finny today as we sat on the swing on the deck soaking up a perfect (and now officially Autumn) day what he would be when he grew up. He remained true to what he has long felt his vocation to be(rock-star) but he branched out a bit more today. He plans to do all these things simultaneously. I suppose with careful time management and a Franklin Planner it is possible.

1.Rock-star
2.House-painter
3.Cooker
4.Life-guard

I suggested that he be a rock-star for Hallowe'en this year in order to get some practise in. He said, "I should be ELVIS" I have no idea how he knows about Elvis but ok.

So we practised saying, "thank you, thank you very much" with the Elvis lip-curl for when he received candy. He found this completely hilarious. So hilarious that he frequently had to lie down to recover. He would try to compose himself enough to say it and then collapse again in helpless laughter. Eventually he said, "I'm just not going to be able to stop laughing until all the laughs have come out". So he worked on getting them all out for a while and then he did a perfect imitation.

I'm not sure how keen he is going to be on the idea when the reality of a high collared white jump-suit faces him although I did say, "you know what Elvis has to wear though, right?" he said very airily, "oh yes, that white fing". Of all the costumes in all the world, I really did not picture Finny wearing this one at Hallowe'en. But I have no doubt he would rock it.




I'm reading: Can't help falling in love......Tweet this!

4 comments:

April Kennedy said...

Oh that is too cute! I am begging Blake to be my little Edward Cullen. I found the cutest vampire costume at Target actually. He said that is was too scary for him. Bummer for me!

And, yes you can totally steal the Emergency Preparedness FHE! Have fun.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh my gosh Kirsty, he would look AdOrAbLe!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am a rare animal in as much as I actually was alive when Elvis was at his zenith, and I truly do not remember the white jump suit! Collar up, yes, but jump-suit? Sure you are not confused with Liberace? It's actually all in the hips. Get him to practise.!

Anonymous said...

I loved that he has to get all the laughs out. May he never get that right, but always find life to be a source of mirth and delight!

Was the other annonymous me?