I was mocked today....

for my excessive thankfulness. And somehow I don't find that to be all that shameful.

A few of my contributions to the thankful bowl included:

  • I am thankful for a husband who lives to make me happy, and succeeds.
  • I am thankful for embarrassingly awesome kids who are talented and beautiful but more importantly, kind and good.
  • I am thankful for sweet friends who know how to party and are kind enough to invite us over to join them.
  • And on a more shallow note, I am thankful for my rockin' Goodwill wardrobe.
Furthermore:
If you are reading and I know you, I am pretty certain there is something (or many things) that I am thankful to you for.

If you are reading and I don't know you. I am thankful that you would spend your time reading my ramblings.

If I met you through this blog I am thankful for that. My mind and consciousness have been so expanded through the people I have met through this blog. I love reading your blogs in turn. How did we survive before the internet? It is practically beyond comprehension.

I am thankful to have the love and care of such wonderful people and to have so many wonderful people to love in return. I am thankful to have all my needs met and exceeded.

I am thankful to know that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father and to feel His love and the love of Jesus Christ every day.

I am thankful for the chance to take a whole day off from regular life to feel thankful.

Thanksgiving really is one of the biggest perks of living in U.S I have come to appreciate it so much.

“… you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to possess, to that God who has created you, and has kept and preserved you, and has caused that ye should rejoice, and has granted that ye should live in peace one with another. …” (Mosiah 2:19–20.)

I'm reading: I was mocked today....Tweet this!

7 comments:

nyn said...

I am thankful for you too. Love and kisses.

Janet said...

You can never be too thankful. I will add my thankfulness for you too.

Anonymous said...

I am shocked that you are also not Thankful for your wonderful family ESPECIALLY your embarrasingly fantastic sister :0P

Kirsty said...

Shona, that's because you are not American. I can only be thankful for *American* things on Thanksgiving OF COURSE. Don't you know ANYTHING...sheesh. I suppose you think it is ok to eat sweet potatoes without some sort of marshmallowy topping too.

I will be all over my great, profound and undying love and gratitude for you on June 16, or maybe even Boxing Day. You must check back then. It is possible that you may even find a shout-out here on Melbourne Cup day. But only if you are friendly.

Did you book the verdompt tickets yet? Three weeks from now dahling, you will be sitting in the Land of the Free. I'm sure that prospect is so thrilling. All the barren, freezing wasted landscape,grey skies and bunny poop vacuuming up your heart desires. Ahhhhhhhh. Bliss. On the other hand, Finny is here. And he is yummy.
Kisses, bollies!.......

The Sayer Family said...

We hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving! We sure missed you. When do we get to see you next?

Anonymous said...

Well Melbourne Cup Day has been and gone I was exceptionally friendly to EVERYONE even the crossed-eyed wart-nosed individual who accused me of the contrary six years ago, so I am once again SHOCKED and hurt by the lack of recognition. I will be sure to check back on 16th December and Australia Day 26th January and there better be something or else....your bunny may magically disappear.

Yes the tickets are booked - we are going via coup ridden Fiji on a the Fijian national airline to save mega $$$$$ so hopefully we will in fact arrive in sunny Ohio on 22 December. Until then I am counting the days until my next visit to "Big Lots" and that super cool drugstore opposite "Block Buster" (you know the one where you reversed over something big one New Years Eve ?). As for the prospect of a reunion with my beloved "Woodlands Mall" - I can barely contain my excitement. Perhaps we could even visit that mall in Cleveland that only has one tenant left ? That would be awesome...good times, neat.

Samantha said...

How nice for you that Shona is coming to visit! Will you tell us the "reversed over something big" story some day? I haven't been to a Big Lots yet... but if Australia-dwellers salivate at the thought, perhaps I should check it out.