Christmas Eve Program

We have a tradition of putting on a homespun (ie child written directed and acted) Christmas Play each Christmas Eve (since I was a wee lass). It has a Christmas message but it is generally not a nativity play. So I am always looking for a way to incorporate the story of the Nativity into our Christmas Eve celebration. It is special and essential, to have that quiet, sacred time to remember what this is all about in the midst of all the fun and excitement. Sitting in the light of the Christmas tree, reading the Christmas story in Luke and Matthew and singing Silent Night is definitely the most magical time of my Christmas Eve.

This is the program my marvelous counselor Denise found for our Young Women Christmas Lesson on Sunday. I thought it was lovely. Simple and spiritual and very touching. I plan to do it with my family on Christmas Eve and thought I would share if anyone was looking for something similar. Merry Christmas!

Matthew 1: 18-23:

Sing: “Oh, Come All Ye Faithful”

Luke 2: 1-7:

Sing: “Away In a Manger”

Luke 2: 8-14:

Sing: “The First Noel”

Luke 2: 15-20:

Sing: “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing”

Sing: “With Wondering Awe”

Matthew 2: 1-11:

Sing: “Joy to the World”

Luke II Video

(This is so beautiful and touching only 5.28 mins long)
Sing: “Silent Night”




I'm reading: Christmas Eve ProgramTweet this!

2 comments:

nyn said...

I love this. It is one of my favorite Christmas videos. We usually have the tradition of watching Mr. Krueger's Christmas. I can never get through it without crying. love

Anonymous said...

Lovely! We will definitely use it tonight. Our numbers are somewhat reduced, but Tha and Luke will do their best re: the play! Hopefully we will speak to you this evening to wish you and the Salvers.
Love you more than the lawn which has banished the red mud bath.
Marmie.