Back to life...back to reality...back to the here and now...

Well hello there, it has been a while. As the title/theme song implies, I am clawing my way back to reality after almost a month of fun and family, it really is so hard to readjust to real life. Especially since reality is somewhat altered to what one pictures it to be whilst one is enjoying the revelry. By the time my kids go back to school next Tuesday, they will have spent a solid week at home, thanks to weather and one day of playing hookie to hang with Granny. Not necessarily good for the sense of getting back into the swing of things.

Shona and Marc left after over 2 weeks of doting on their nephews and niece. My kids have so much fun every time they are here, and Gracie gets to spend time with her cleaning soulmate. It's very special. They really are a most excellent Auntie and Uncle. And my home is always left far cleaner and in better repair then it was found. Now that is the type of houseguest everyone dreams of.

Right after their departure, Aaron and I went to see my baby brother, Seth get hitched! He and Christina were married in the Mesa, AZ LDS temple. The ceremony was so profoundly spiritual and beautiful. One really did get a sense of the magnificence of the power of sealing. There were lots and lots of happy tears initiated I may add, by the blubbing groom who set us all off nigh unto dehydration. It was a full day and evening of hearts bursting, sun shining, tears flowing, all the the makings of a perfect first day of a new life. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara.


For more photos of the glorious day (and the gorgeous and elegant evening reception) go here and here. As for the bubble bath and candle photos, my sister Shona and I feel that we may have missed our calling as romantic honeymoon suite orchestrators. That was so much fun, especially the frantic escape just before we were discovered. We may also have missed our calling as spies....or good hearted criminals perhaps.
Aaron and I returned to our cute kids with the best present ever-Granny! We did not have much time with her sadly, but it was a happy few days filled with cooking lessons, Wii Fit demonstrations, puzzle making , lots of cuddling and even a pre-birthday birthday dinner for Gracie who was much delighted with her art-centric gifts from granny. And in keeping with what Shona and Marc started, she organized my super scary coat closet thus reducing much strife and contention resulting from my kids' inability to keep it closed. Heck kids, leave it open! Let the world appreciate it!




It was a wonderful thing to get to share my kids with my family and vice versa, and it is hard to have them gone, especially when the warmth of their presence has been replaced by -25 degree temps. The day my mom left, I drowned my sorrow in tupperware cupboard organizing. It is a thing of beauty now. An old South African friend also living stateside now, saw my status update on facebook: ("mom is gone :( " )She gave me a call, knowing how I would be feeling. It was so good to hear her accent and feel her empathy. Thanks again, Candice! The internet really can be such a blessing.

And you? What have you been up to? Missed you madly dahlings!

I'm reading: Back to life...back to reality...back to the here and now...Tweet this!

6 comments:

Sassy Sissy said...

What a wonderful time that you spent with your family. Can you send the cleaning one to my house? We are in desperate need of someone to whip us into shape!

Mikki said...

Looks like fun!! It is so hard to get back into the groove again after all those good times!!

Janet said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad you got to spend time with your family. Looks like so many wonderful moments were shared.

nyn said...

Glad your back. I missed you. Looks like you had a fab time. I love all the fun pictures and am so jelous of the Arizona weather.

April Kennedy said...

Looks like a fabulous few weeks! And sorry for the -25 degrees. I don't think I could handle it. I would never leave my heated bed!

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys so much ! I miss my cleaning soulmate, the goregous boys and you and Aaron. I am sad that I missed the good times with Mom but it's nice that she got to spend time with the kids. Thanks for the good times !