Optimism

What I am suggesting and asking is that we turn from the negativism that so permeates our society and look for the remarkable good in the land and times in which we live, that we speak of one another's virtues more than we speak of one another's faults, that optimism replace pessimism, that our faith exceed our fears.

When I was a boy our father often said to us:

Cynics do not contribute.

Skeptics do not create.

Doubters do not achieve.

~ Gordon B. Hinckley (Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled)


I'm reading: OptimismTweet this!

2 comments:

Sassy Sissy said...

I like it! I support it! I applaud it!

jmt said...

Wonderful quote. It makes you thin twice (at least for the day) about how you approach something. I will think twice, and try to stretch it to two days. :) Happy Sunday. May I use this quote in my quote box I have on my sidebar?