The angel Gabe


Over the last couple of days Finny has been whining every time his older siblings go to play at the (very) nearby park . He is welcome to go with, but feels more comfortable closer to home ie: in the backyard.

Today after much inveigling, Finny was persuaded to join his older brothers and their friends at the park. His older brothers were having an awesome time, playing football with the neighbourhood kids.

Not five minutes passed before we looked out the kitchen window and found that Gabe had brought Finny home (clearly, Finny had not embraced the wonders of the park). Gabe was playing with him, obviously it was a game of Finny's choosing.

He didn't come and complain to us about it, or even bother to come inside to report, and there is not even a hint of resentment in his demeanour. He is cheerful and engaged in Finny's little game. Because he lives to make Finny happy. Even if that means he has to abandon his own fun time. He has always been happily self sacrificing. He will never eat the last of any treat without ensuring everyone else has been taken care of, and it is a trait that I have noticed Finny emulating.

He should start a school for Kind Big Brothers. I love that Gaber, I have said it before, but he really is the most aptly named child.

I'm reading: The angel GabeTweet this!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

How sweet:0)

I came by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood:0)

Judah said...

too sweet!! I love to hear positivie sibling stories!!
welcome to SITS

Free Art Printables said...

That's so wonderful! I love it when sibs really traet each other well! Welcome to sits! jen

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

Awww, what a sweet story!

Dropping by to welcome you to SITS!

Mamarazzi said...

awww Super sweet story.

there are lots of older sibs out there that would benefit from a Kind Older Brother school.

OH, I am also stopping by to introduce myself and welcome you to the SITStahood. You are going to love this wonderful community of women.

You might consider following my blog…I host a monthly drawing for fun prizes EXCLUSIVELY from my list of followers. No need to check in every day (though ya might want to, and I would love that) just follow…pretty cool right?

AND come enter my FABULOUS giveaway too…so much fun stuff happening in the SITStahood.

I’m L-O-V-I-N-G it!!

Julie said...

What a sweetie! He'll probably grow up to be some sort of negotiator/peacemaker. Welcome to the SITS community :)

nyn said...

that is truly adorable. what a loving little guy and wonderful big brother. We must get our kids together someday. He and Cora are like two peas in a pod when it comes to gentle hearts.

said...

Stopping by to say welcome to the SITS community - it's great to have you as a SITSta!