Crock-pot Sweet and Sour Chicken

What the heck? Is it seriously Friday again so soon?

Ok I am cheating a bit with the Foodiness this week, since this is not a new recipe to me, and it's not that exotic, but it's a favourite easy stand-by which is also very yummy.

I give you Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken brought you to you by our friends at Kraftfoods.com


It uses all the things you are likely to have on hand, except maybe the Catalina which can be substituted with French I have found, and this week I made it with a Teriyaki marinade and adjusted the sugar (!) and the soy sauce accordingly. It actually tasted very similar, surprisingly. I also didn't have fresh ginger so I used ground. Just remember that powdered is more potent (rule of thumb is 1/8 tsp powdered for every tablespoon of fresh), which means just a dash in this case, unless you have a major thing for ginger. Try for the fresh though-it is yummier.

Please always substitute anything white with brown when you can. Which means BROWN rice and wholewheat pasta. Such an easy way to be a little bit healthier.

Your kids will most probably enjoy this. Bon Appetit!

I'm reading: Crock-pot Sweet and Sour ChickenTweet this!

1 comments:

jmt said...

I need to crock pot/slow cook things more often. Maybe this weekend I'll make a good grocery list out of things I can do this with. Thanks for the idea!