The Pioneer Woman is An Alien Freak of Nature....


Seriously people explain to me how this woman does it all? I actually do not follow her blog that closely but what I have surmised from my incredulous visits is this:

She used to be a city princess who grew up on the golf-course but now she lives on a ranch in the boonies and not only has she totally adapted to that, she loves it and she runs that thriving ranch which involves riding horses and herding cows and photographing cow patties...and in addition to all this it seems that she has recently designed and decorated and also seems to run that lodge they seem to have built for visitors? Stay with me... (I say "seem" a lot because I don't have the full story as I'm sure some of you do, but this is what it seems and it all seems....like wow).

Also, she updates her incredible behemoth of a blog daily. But not just one measly little post oh no, she basically creates a new Martha Stewart Living magazine everyday on her blog-her blog which includes step by step photographic directions for the amazing recipes (extremely high fat) which she creates (incidentally she is completely unapologetic about the high-fatness of her yummy recipes and appears to be lithe and healthy ), and photography/photo-shopping tips, and let us not forget the ever progressing Harlequin Romance Novel she writes of her courtship and marriage. Oh! did I mention that she home-schools her 4 kids (including teaching them Greek and Latin, but of course), and mentors her mentally disabled brother, and she builds garden boxes for her enormous garden, and photographs her animals and chops off their nuts, and sells them and eats them (the cows, not their nuts..[I don't think] ), and takes her kids a million miles into town for soccer and such, and runs her billions of awesome giveaways....to name but a handful of what she seems to do.

And unlike some domestic goddesses who shall remain unnamed, she is totally funny and entertaining and un-snooty about it all, and almost makes you think that she is flawed and normal but then you realize that clearly she is not.

What the??? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOME PEOPLE (specifically this person)TO DO SO MUCH?! HOW? And don't tell me " 'cos she stays off the internet" because clearly The Pioneer Woman doesn't! So there.

This is what I do every day:
Umm....
I will get back to you on that....

Signed
Inadequate in Ohio (and yes I know we aren't supposed to compare, which is why I have decided that she is an alien freak of nature or a fictional character created by a conglomerate of businesses who want us to buy the things she uses so that we can become more like her. Yes, that's probably it. OK, all better now! Seriously, PW? Your freakish alien self rocks my world. You go girl. )

I'm reading: The Pioneer Woman is An Alien Freak of Nature....Tweet this!

5 comments:

Jen Lynn said...

Martha Stewart did you say? Maayyybe, she secretly hires help? I do enjoy a good Pioneer Woman peek every once in a while.

leah said...

that woman makes me... CRAZY!!
did you mention that she's gorgeous!?

leah said...

Oh, I just love the M.P.H. quote at the top of your page. I might have to steal it. With your permission of course. ;)

Samantha said...

I'm also amazed at PW. Reading about her world is great escapism for me at times.

Anonymous said...

I go with the conglomerate of businesses theory. Very glad that you cleared up what she does in fact eat! I was concerned. I think it has to do with living in the boonies. Every generation has one of these. I had one at your age. Happy to report that at this stage she is a daft old woman that people avoid because when she gets hold of you she talks about her hobby horse as though you were interupted mid-conversation although you have not seen her for years!! Yours meanly and greenly, Marmie