Things I regret

  • That deep personal connection I forged with the box of Snickers ice-cream bars a few weeks ago. And the brother of that box. We became closely involved too. Our passion was strong but then they left me with nothing but baggage.
  • Eating the kids' leftover fries. I never order my own but the dregs of four kids equals one super-sized portion, lets be real now
  • Eating chips and salsa as I waited for my Lean Cuisine to heat up in the microwave
  • The bag of Bliss chocolate I bought as a handout for my YW. Only six of them went to the YW.
  • And so it goes...
The scale led me to believe I was getting away with it.... my clothes continued to fit the same...

There's nothing like direct unfiltered sunlight and a swimsuit to reveal the marvels of cellulite is there?
(The interval training will dramatically increase in intensity as of tomorrow. I suppose I have it to thank for the scale and the clothing, misleading as they were. There's only so much even interval training can take on.)

We returned to the pool on Saturday.

Cellulite aside, it was wonderful.

It felt like no time at all had passed. Truly, it was surreal. I felt like just yesterday I was happily sitting with a damp bottom on a plastic chair watching the ants feast on someone's dropped nachos. Ahhhh....sweet times.

In some ways I feel like I really come alive in the summer. But my favourite part of Summer by far is watching my kids being kids. I feel so connected to their childhood during the Summer, and when the season draws to a close each year, I feel a great sense of loss. But right now, with Summer on the horizon, (school's out this Friday!) I'm so excited. I just can't hide it.

I'm terrified of my kids getting skin cancer, but I must say, the glowing white is hurting my eyes a bit. Look at my boys' hilarious soccer jersey tans. They will soon be berry brown, despite diligent application of 30SPF and 50SPF and whatever other high numbered SPF they can market to neurotic mothers. Troubling, but easier on the eyes I suppose.

Here they are anxiously surveying the water prior to the first jump of the season. It was pret.tee cold. It did not deter them a bit.

I'm reading: Things I regretTweet this!

9 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Awww...yea for Summer!!

nyn said...

Oh sweet sun, pool and warmth!! How do I love thee? And swimsuits YIKES!! I feel you there sister. But hooray for swimming and summer. So much fun.

jmt said...

That pic of all four of them is great. :) It made me have that nervous excitement in my belly like I used to as a kid swimming in the summers. Oh how I love swimming at the pool.

Holly said...

You make me laugh!
There's an award for you at my blog :)

Lynn Kellan said...

We joined a new pool....and the water is HEATED! Bliss! I actually was able to get in and join my crew in a game of beach ball volleyball. Hooray for summer! Boo Cellulite!

alpinekleins said...

Ahhhhh! Summertime and lazy days by the pool . . . I can hardly wait, there's nothing like it:)

Kristin

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Chips and salsa are my weakness. Seriously - is it really time to up the training?

MrsM said...

I don't "do" swimsuits unless they are one piece and come with a sarong to wrap around my lower half. Problem solved! LoL

It sounds like you guys are already gearing up for a great summer!

Megan Gery said...

i love that last picture. and i feel your pain. i've been staying away from swimming altogether....