A prayer request...

My dad whose birthday it was yesterday (see the epic poem below) celebrated by having himself a little stroke. Some people, ie my evil genius brother Luke claim that it was brought on by my interpretive birthday dance via Skype. I suppose we will never know.

All inappropriate kidding aside (because this is how our family deals with crisis), he is doing very well. He is in the stellar hands of South African Dr.'s ( the best in all the world) and they are very positive about his recovery.

Still it sucks...yes I said S-U-C-K-S, wanna make something of it? SUCKETH-to be so far away from my family at times like these. It freaking.stinking.sucks. Not like I could help but the distance does make me feel very helpless and homesick. The most useful thing I can do though is to pray and I would like to ask for your prayers and positive thoughts too- for his full and speedy recovery and many more happy and HEALTHY birthdays. He is only 56 so really, he does not get to pull this crap yet. It's nonsense, but then he was always one for being the centre of attention. ;)

Get well soon dad, love you.




I'm reading: A prayer request...Tweet this!

11 comments:

Janet said...

Praying your dad makes a full and swift recovery. I'm so glad he had access to good medical care so quickly. And I'm so sorry that you have to be so far away from him during a time when I know you want nothing more than to be with him. I'll be keeping you and your whole family in my prayers. xoxo

Melody said...

Scary! And so hard to be so far away from him. Your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers....and you too!

Anonymous said...

That's rough. A couple years ago my dad went into diabetic shock and it was tough not being able to be there with him. I hope your dad gets better soon!

Lori said...

I am so sorry! I hope he feels better soon! Will be keeping your entire family in my thoughts!

~Lori
www.petersonstlouis.com

leah said...

oh my goodness! i'm so sorry, kirsty! i'll be keeping him in my prayers...

Devon said...

Oh good--I got here before IE kicked me off.

Kirsty, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. He will be in our prayers! Get better soon, dad!!

Steph said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Strokes are definitely scary. Glad to hear he's in good hands. My prayers are with you all...

trish said...

Kirsty,
Just got back from St. George and read about your Dad. Oh, so sad for you and your family...we love you all and pray that all will go well. How is your Mom. Please give them both my love. Tell him he didn't get permission from us for this, naughty chap! Lots of love, Tisha and family.

Lynn Kellan said...

I'm so sorry - keeping you all in our prayers. Glad to hear that the doctors are feeling good about his prognosis.

Elaine said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad, Kirsty. I understand 100 % your frustration about not being closer to be able to help out and see him. My thoughts are with you and your family.

alpinekleins said...

Scary - it's difficult when hard things happen with such a distance between - best wishes to your Daddy, hope he's right back into things soon:)

Kristin