Two unbelievable things to share on a Monday morn...

1.This morning I had run 4 miles, showered and dressed by 8:4am. I know! Check me out! The whole waking up earlier so your body and mind may be invigorated thing-shockingly, even applies to me! Going to bed earlier might make the experiment even more successful! I might try that next!

Benj and I ran together this morning and I have to say, the little guy makes an exceptional running companion. He can chat away endlessly, thus entertaining me and allowing me to save my breath. He and Gabe ran 5 miles with me and and the fearless Cindi on Saturday. We got up early and enjoyed watching all the beautiful birds and animals on the trail. Including two baby raccoons following their mama up a tree and then staring down dolefully at us. We even picked and ate berries along the way-which helped to keep our mouths from parching and turning inside out and was far more pleasant on the palate then a clump of grass. It was practically a Little House on the Prarie re-enactment.

And now for unbelievable fact part deux:

2. S'mores made with Reese's peanut butter cups instead of plain chocolate. Dude. They should be illegal.

Happy Monday lovelies!

I'm reading: Two unbelievable things to share on a Monday morn...Tweet this!

7 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Early mornings are the BEST for working out! In the wild outdoors - YayHoo! It's a miracle stress reliever . . .
:~D

MrsM said...

S'mores....peanut butter cups....GENIUS! I will definitely be trying that :)

Anonymous said...

You sound like you're getting off to a great start for the week. I'm usually good at the beginning of the week but start to wane by the end.....

Megan Gery said...

i wish i had run four miles by 8 am.. impressive! and i'll have to try the s'mores idea stat!

Jen said...

Mmmm, I might actually like s'mores if they're made with Reese's cups! Great idea...

The Sayer Family said...

Those smores sound soooooo good right now! I think I feel a craving coming on!

jmt said...

Congrats on the 4 mile run. Wow...I only wish I can get up to 4 miles. I think I'll make it an Autumn resolution. Thanks for the motivation.