Fall-ish Fun...

First comes the work....


And then comes the fun











"The sun is really BRIGHT mommy!!"


Ready.... Set...



Dive









After destroying our carefully raked leaf pile and leaving it for the neighbours to clean up...we went to the pumpkin patch. Home of the crazy bunny. Last year we went to pick up some pumpkins and also procured a pet. My kids spent all day prior to our visit telling her that we were going to visit her home and then arguing with each other over the fact that our home was technically her home.

Do you like the 1960's effect I put on this photo? I do.


Gracie quickly finds, "Thumper Junior" who had fortunately been sold.



We visited the piggies and the cows



And then we got down to business...













I am loving this 1960's photo action way too much. Doesn't it make everything look so cozy and nostalgic? It looks like a memory.


This is our haul. We kindly left the lovely mums behind after we had paid for them. 'Cos we're cool like that.



And no Fall festivity would be complete without the traditional Stomping of the Stalks. We usually do this on Halloween night but because of an unseasonably cold spell, our impatiens gave up the ghost earlier then usual this year. But they were indeed mutant in their day
and very very pretty this year. Do you see how the stalks in the middle reach Benj's waist? The no longer secret formula works again!



It has been a mostly cold and rainy season. (I have been composing my "Fall, you suck"missive in my head) but I have to say the leaves are SPECTACULAR. So,so very pretty. I will have to post some of my lovely tree photos sometime..maybe in the depths of Winter I will finally get around to it?

How are you, my lovelies? I feel out of touch.

Check out The Inspired Room-Beautiful Life Friday for beautiful things going on in other people's lives :)

I'm reading: Fall-ish Fun...Tweet this!

9 comments:

Jill said...

As always I love your pictures! We went to the pumpkin patch too and I forced my kids on the hayride. Unfortunately all the funfilled family memories I planned on capturing (Danie purposefully getting the biggest pumpkin she could find because we wouldn't let her go to her boyfriends...making megy carry her own huge pumpkin, chase's grab and go, jessi's thorough search for the perfect pumpkin)did not get captured because my fantastically wonderful camera chose this time to not work. It does that often. Maybe I'll just put my kids faces on ur pics!

jmt said...

The color in your photos is warming. I think you each picked splendid pumpkins. I am contemplating a visit to the patch myself, this weekend. Well, not BY myself...you know.

Thanks for sharing the photos. I feel as if you've been missing. Happy Friday.

Dahling said...

Sweaty !

I am loving the way you colour coordinated the children's clothes to the leaves...and relieved that you managed to leave Pumpkin Patch...ohohoh..Pumpkin Patch without Thumpour 2.... Freckles and Speckles....or even Laurel

Denise said...

Kirsty, I was sorting through old papers today and found a stash of Christmas cards from a couple of years ago. And there, in your Christmas letter, was the url for your blog. Your old blog, but still, you left a visible trail so it's all good.

Anyway, I'm only two years late, but I'm happy to finally have found your little corner of the internet. I've just added you to my reader. Your kids are ridiculously big, and you look fabulous!

Jen said...

Fabulous pictures! The leaves on our oak trees stick around for another month so after Thanksgiving, while everyone is decorating for Christmas, we're raking :(

That was so sweet of you to leave the mums behind ;)

beth said...

Those pictures of the children playing in the leaves put a huge smile on my face! Seeing children enjoying the simple things like jumping in a big 'ole pile of leaves is what makes life beautiful, huh? Oh, I so love going to the pumpkin patch. We haven't went yet this year. We usually go every year, but we put it off this year. We're gonna have to go soon, or we're going to miss our chance. Looks like you guys had a blast! Thanks for sharing! :) Have a great day. Beth.

leah said...

need. the. action. yo.

nyn said...

As always your pictures are lovely. I do like the 60's effect. So so cute. Your fun post makes me almost happy for fall and cold weather, almost ;). All I can say is I am so happy for my SAD light. Have a wonderful Halloween. I look forward to fun pictures of your kids in costumes.

Moore Minutes said...

I am so loving those photos in the leaves!!! You captured some good shots.:)