5 for 5

1.My lost follower has been replaced. Thank you and welcome Sweet Sue :)

2.Finny keeps thanking me effusively and telling me how much he loves me for "wasting some of my money" on buying him new shoes. The shoes he was wearing had holes in them. It all sounds like something out of a Dickens novel doesn't it? I am grateful for his lack of entitlement, his sweetness and the fact that making his week by providing him with non-leaky shoes only cost $11.00. (I did assure him that buying him functional shoes was pretty much the point of having money. He remained disproportionately grateful.)

3.The scary number on the scale this morning. I realized that I had sub-consciously been waiting for it. It gave me the strength to instruct Finny to hide the Halloween candy and not to tell me where it was, even if I begged. It also gave me the motivation to have a very intense workout today. Which while not exactly fun at the time was empowering when it was over

4.My counselors who help me out with all the sticky details of my calling (and the nice ones too). And the mom who volunteered to drive and chaperone the dance this weekend. Plop, plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is.

5.The sunshine and warm-ish forecast for this weekend. This weekend when THERE IS NO SOCCER.


I'm feeling a Halloween post coming up later. Maybe? Maybe.

I'm reading: 5 for 5Tweet this!

5 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Yay, a sunny weekend with no soccer. Enjoy!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe that anyone would unfollow you!! I love that Finny and the rest of your kids byw!

Jen said...

Oooh, I am so on board with the NO SOCCER this weekend part! And the Halloween candy? Needs to be hidden. Thinking about buying it back from the kids & pitching it in the trash (better place than my 'seat', no?)

jmt said...

I meant to comment on your lost follower a few days ago, but since it's been replaced, I suppose it is too late. :) I would always feel so bad if I stopped following as a public follower, so I tend to always follow anonymously.....just in case blogs turn in a direction I may not be so hip on keeping up with. AND I can rid myself of the guilt. :)

sweetsue said...

Your lost followers loss is my gain!I know that makes no sense!