You are cordially invited....

to the annual ~Post-Thanksgiving Pride and Prejudice Viewing Favourite Things Gift Exchange~





Where: My place
Time: 7pm
When: Saturday, Nov 28th

Here are the deets: Carrying on a tradition from my dearly departed (from my town) friend, Jen Lynn, I have a little, ladies only, kiddy-free, viewing party/snack inhaling/gift exchanging partay every year the Saturday after Thanksgiving . (Wish you could come, Jen Lynn :( )

A year or two ago we decided that watching the entire 6 hour BBC extravaganza was a bit much for one evening, so we have been experimenting with watching different versions. This year will be "Bollywood" (but not true Bollywood) version: Bride and Prejudice. My sister Shona introduced it to me last year and I loved it. Sooo funny and colourful. You will love it too. (Wish you could come Shona :(

As for the gift exchange part. Select a few (or one) of your favourite things (it must add up to under $10 spent) and wrap it up to exchange with someone else. This is so much fun.

Let me know if you are coming.Bring a snack to share if you like. (Thanksgiving pie leftovers are welcome).

Hope you can make it, dahlings!

I'm reading: You are cordially invited....Tweet this!

4 comments:

Jen Lynn said...

I'm not even home this weekend to throw my own party! I'll be driving through colorado on saturday night. I'm going to have to postpone it for the beginning of the year :(

I love bride & prejudice!

Have fun.

Stephanie said...

Ohhh, I so so so wish I could come see you! It would be so fun to catch up. Have a great time, inhale a snack or two for me, and be thankful I won't be exchanging gifts...you would end up with the "Bonanza" Christmas CD. Straight from the ranch. Happy Thanksgiving!

jmt said...

Um, are out of staters welcome? Although I have no idea where you live....

:) This sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you have a great time! Happy Hump Day.

Dahling said...

Sweaty !

I am so wishing I could be there watching one of my favourite movies with one of my favourite people :(

Seth scaled my copy to watch on his honeymoon and I have not seen it (or him) since....

This is a timely reminder to hunt him down...