It's all about the princess

Shamefully, I wrote a birthday post about Gracie on her birthday (Friday, January 22nd) but failed to publish it. Failed! I know! The scandal. Will she ever be able to move past this? I wonder. There must be a rehab somewhere for such motherly failings...

Sigh.
Moving along...

Gracie turned EIGHT (8) e-i-g-h-t. "A fatty and a thinny and a gah huh tuh!". (That's how we were taught to spell 8 at school).


Amazing.

She is a lovely little thing, is she not?


She had a wonderful day, starting with presents and a special breakfast

Cupcakes at school (prepared by her able little brother)


Lots of love from grandpa and grandma who came all the way from Arizona..

And more presents...

I love the glee over hair elastics. (Our secret is to deprive our children all year, so that when their birthday rolls around and we give them hair elastics and underwear and shoes to replace their broken ones, they are completely thrilled)




Her beautiful personalized scriptures from Grandma and Grandpa



With something really special to put them in. I searched high and low for a cute scripture carrier which would not cost the earth. I even ordered one very junky looking one in desperation (it never came). Then I came upon the site of our dear Spicy Design girls and saw that they are now designing scripture carriers. Since it was so close to Gracie's birthday (the week of in fact) I did not hold out much hope that they could do anything for me in time but I ordered anyway because the bags were cute enough to arrive late :)

But the Spicy chicks came through... and how. The day before her birthday I received the bag made just for her in the fabric I had chosen. It was beautifully wrapped, with a birthday card inside





Isn't the lining adorable? There are little pockets in there for pens and pads and all the things little girls like to put in pockets. I love the three little brads on the front- so cute. (I'm not getting anything out of this glowing endorsement, I just think their quality and customer service simply cannot be beat.) Thank you, lovely ladies.



And finally..

Her very own (personalized per moi) sewing machine! Our aspiring fashion designer is on her way. It's about time someone in this family sewed something.



We went out to celebrate by eating Chinese food. And as a special birthday treat I left my camera at home...

The next day was another big BIG day. Her baptism day. More on that later...

Happy birthday Gracie my love. You are beautiful inside and outside. I love you soooooo so much. xoxox Mama

I'm reading: It's all about the princessTweet this!

16 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

Looks like a great day - and I love that bag! Her sewing machine looks very like mine (except for the gorgeous personalised touches, obviously - mine doesn't have anything so fancy!)

Sarah and the Gentlemen said...

What a fun birthday! Being deprived all year really makes them more grateful, eh?

Denise said...

Kirsty, she is your mini-me, only blonde! She's beautiful. My 8-yr-old got scriptures for her birthday, too, and a pink carrier. But now she's decided she doesn't like the pink carrier, and since it's looking the worse for wear, I am thinking of getting her a better (and cuter) one for her birthday this year. Gonna check out the spicy link. Thanks!

Daddy said...

Happy Birthday Princess!!! Love you sooo much!!
Daddy

Working Mommy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Eight is such a great age...and don't worry about missing the post...I'm sure you'll be paying for the therapy later on in life ;)

~WM

Janet said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Gracie! What a fabulous day.

Paula said...

What a wonderful birthday! Happy Birthday Gracie!

Savvy-Motherhood said...

thank you for letting me peek into your world. :)

InspiredDreamer said...

Wow. Can *I* turn 8 at your house??? What a great birthday! I got a sewing machine for Christmas two years ago and still haven't done anything (like take it out of the box). Maybe your daughter can give me some tips. You should set her up with a blog. :)

Have an Extraordinary Day!

Stephanie said...

Carter read this post with me and has decided that he needs to be friends with your kids. "Do I play with them, Mom?" "No, you've never met them." "Well, I need to play with them." Happy Birthday, sweet Gracie! All the way from Utah! Hope you had a fab celebration and baptism!

Jessica said...

Awww...what a fabulous day she had, Kirsty. I can't wait to see her Baptism photos!!
Happy Birthday Princess Gracie!!

elzimmy said...

I'm jealous that you can send in homemade cupcakes to school...everything we take to school has to be store bought. It's just not the same!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

What a beautiful eight year old! :)

Beth P. said...

Happy Eighth Birthday!
What a fun day that looks like. She is a gorgeous little girl!

Lisa said...

She's beautiful. She looks like her mom.

I love cute scripture bags. I actually sewed one once...Shocker! It was made from a cute place mat. Perfect size for a set of scriptures.

jmt said...

What a fun celebration for her! :) Love the shoes and hair ties. Makes perfect sense to me.