GOOD Mail!

So since I was feeling all manic and Springy , I participated in my first blog package swap hosted by Family of Shorts  recently. The theme was Spring so of course I could not resist.

My partner was CJ of Simply Simonsons and good gracious did she spoil me with such creativity.  I will walk you through the package opening process with me in case all you got in the mail today was your electric bill and the pizza coupon flyer…

DSC_0010

These are now residing under my bathroom sink. I have gloves downstairs which I use faithfully, but none upstairs and I always regret that fact when I am cleaning-my hands thank you CJ! Don’t you love the sweet little flowers? They were tied onto every beautifully wrapped little package. There was even a charm attached to one. Adorable.DSC_0013Ok somehow I missed that CJ is LDS too? Weird since my Mo-dar is usually quite good.  Anyway, I’m so glad I did not go with the “wine cooler of the month” gift certificate I was considering ;)  Anyway, THIS is so cool. No? It’s this broken down into small bites with fun pictures which absolutely makes it easier to memorize.  Thank you! I absolutely love it. It went directly into the church bag. Now we can all be more productive during sacrament. I was getting bored with colouring and poking the person next to me ;) I’m sure we will reference it during FHE often too. It’s laminated and groovy.  Lamination makes me happy.

DSC_0012 

 DSC_0028

 

I am always quoting the “teach them to love and serve one another” part to my kids when they fight or don’t want to help each other. Now they can start quoting parts to me to serve their own motives. Awesome.DSC_0026

I slapped some of the lipstick and gloss on immediately. And Finny pronounced it “boodiful”. Such pretty colours. There’s just something about a new lipstick isn’t there? 

DSC_0015

Indeed.

DSC_0017 DSC_0018

I absolutely loved this collection of quotes.  I have collected quotes since I was a kid.  Fabulous. I plan to write my blessings each night on the back of each card. It’s next to my bed for that very purpose. Thank you!

DSC_0031

And these went directly out to the van.  Just what I’ve been meaning to buy. Now that soccer season is upon us. I give them a week, tops. Thank you!

DSC_0020

Well we can dream…;) I love both the scents. They both so tropical and summery. I am dreaming of beaches. Thank you. DSC_0022        

I loved it all. So much fun. Thank you for your effort and creativity C.J!DSC_0024

I was far less creative but I had a lot of fun putting it all together. I sent CJ an all green package. It seemed appropriate.

   DSC_0448

  I’m glad it turned out that she liked green ;) Go here to check out what everyone else got.

I'm reading: GOOD Mail!Tweet this!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Very creative! Again I am stealing this for Christmas for my mom friends! What a great way yo spice up some inexpensive gifts!

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

This was a perfect storm of sorts: I am a worrier, a fretter, I tend to lose things and I don't trust the USPS. I was nervous the package was totally lame (after getthing mine and seeing the others I am still worried). I worried you would never get it. I got mine monday early. I fretted your was lost. I lost the confirmation thing I paid extra for. I thought, "dang it that post office messed up again and they charged me something for something they knew I would lose."

Enough rambling!

I am glad you liked it. I would LOVE to take credit for making the Proclaimation and Gratitude booklets, but my sisters each made one. I bought them from their etsy shop. They got mad at me that I didn't just tell them I wanted them and paid for them. I thought I was funny.

Ramble Ramble Ramble. Somedays you just can't help it!

I am glad you got it and don't think everything is lame!!

Annikke said...

That is so fun!

Evelyn said...

Wowee! She outswapped the best of us! So creative! Yea for swapping!

shortmama said...

Wow how stinking creative was she?? Great stuff!

MrsM said...

How FABULOUS! Isn't getting stuff in the mail the awesomest? Unfortunately today I all I got was two bills and a coupon for $2 off a haircut-it looks like you've had an excellent mail day though =) How sweet and creative of CJ!

Mamarazzi said...

so creative...my partner did the same a little limerick with each package, darling!! and the whole Mo-dar thing, hilarious. I am LDS too and so was my partner...small world.

I will be hosting a Red, White and Blue swap again this Summer, you should come and play! I am also giving away a $25 Target gift card on my blog come enter!

April E. :) said...

Those are some great swap gifts! This has been tons of fun!

Krissy @ ArtsyMom said...

That is so adorable! I should participate in something like that. :)

http://theartsymom.tk

Kelley said...

what a great swap box... such fun things.

Have a great weekend.