I thought things were supposed to slow down once Summer arrived?.....

Not so my friends, not so.

I still have a great deal of catch up reporting/recording to do. The last days of school are packed with posterity-worthy antics and I really will get to them. I will.

It's just that I have been so, so busy redecorating my living room, chauffeuring my children, packing boxes and washing windows (not mine, sadly) and I simply cannot believe we are already down a whole week of Summer vacay :( I really don't feel that I've had a chance to get into the summer zone yet.

We haven't yet made our Summer goals. The pool has been (rather irritatingly) closed this week and there has certainly been very little time for just hanging out..

Although some member of the family have managed to squeeze in plenty of that as the rest of us hustled around.


It's been busy, but productive and productive is always gratifying. And I will get to all the reporting one of these long, lazy summer days hopefully very soon.

My son just handed me a bowl of the most delectable looking cherries with the comment, "Merry Christmas!"...well not quite yet but oh man...happy SUMMER!! Even though we've been unseasonably busy the food has definitely been a happy reminder that we are officially in the most wonderful time of the year!

How are you all, dearies? What's going on? What's happening?

I'm reading: I thought things were supposed to slow down once Summer arrived?.....Tweet this!

4 comments:

Krista said...

We've made our list of goals and so far I haven't pulled any of my hair out. But I'm close - oh, so close....

Cherries? Yum! I may just have to go out and buy some today for pool time tomorrow!

Happy Friday, Kirsty!

Charlene said...

Oh gosh - we've been slammed as well. CRAZY! BTW -I haven't been to you blog in a while and I'm LOVING the new look!!!

jmt said...

When summer hits, it IS my Christmas. Indeed. And I agree...it's already flying by and we haven't even had the chance to really "start" it. :( Hopefully that's just us parents feeling that and not the kids, right?

Lisa said...

Oooo, cherries. I need to go to the store!