Half baked!

We had trunk or treating at church this evening and this was my costume



Get it? That's my half-baked bun in the oven there. It was appropriate because today is my "bump" day. I am officially in the home stretch (the long......long.... l-o-n-g home stretch). Whohooo!

This is what I can say about the first half of pregnancy:

1. It pretty much sucked
2. No it really sucked
3. As awful as it was, I suppose it could have been worse.
4. But it's over now
5. And I feel great.
6. When I say I feel great I mean that I feel almost normal. (Or maybe I have just forgotten what normal feels like. Compared to how I felt-I feel AWESOME.)
7. I have lots of energy, I don't have to sleep a lot anymore and I work out pretty hard every day
8. In fact today I even discovered that I am still tons better at doing wall sits then other people. Skinny people. Skinny, unpregnant people. HA! (I find my validation in whatever pitiful ways I can. I wear pants with a stretch panel and I have to cross my arms over my chest when I jump up and down-let me have this.)
9. I am feeling Tshabalala/Rainbow Godiva kicking like crazy. It's delightful.
10. In short this stage of pregnancy rocks.

I hope you enjoyed this brief interlude in the whining.

I'm reading: Half baked!Tweet this!

8 comments:

jmt said...

LOL LOVE the costume. That's hilarious. I wish I would have thought of that last year! Or wait...no...3 years ago. I wasn't telling people this time last year that Evie was on her way.

Regina said...

Now that's an awesome costume!! Congrats on being on the last longgggg stretch home..it will pass quickly..just thank goodness that you are past all the hot, humid weather. Seems like yesterday that I was patiently awaiting my lil man and OMGOSH he will be 8 next month.

Hugs,
Regi

Moore Minutes said...

OMGness!! Seriously the cutest idea ever! You make me laugh and smile and you're so darn cute. :)

Kallie said...

whahahahahha. good one.

Peg said...

Adorable! Btw, you look the size I do when I'm only 1/3 or less baked! Amazing!

MrsM said...

What a great costume! You are adorable. I'm glad you're feeling better : )

Samantha said...

Good costume! And I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Janet said...

Glad you've entered a really enjoyable stage of pregnancy. The costume is adorable!