happy

happytired
today is the infamous 3rd day after birth aka Baby Blues Day. The day when the euphoria wears off, the adrenaline dips, the hormones crash and a crushing wave of doom, and gloom breaks over the head of the poor, sleep deprived mother who suddenly feels completely alone in the world, panic stricken and utterly hopeless.  Well that’s how it feels for me anyway. Thankfully, the baby blues are generally short-lived and I although I  am prepared for them to arrive at any moment,  at this moment I am happy. Blissfully so. Exhaustedly so.
I am sitting in my bright bedroom, the curtain is open and the sunlight is streaming in over the precious little bundle snuggled in my lap. She is sleeping earnestly, making those sweet sighs babies make when they are intensely tired and sleep becomes like a mission for them, her chubby little cheek resting on her fat little wrist…it is heaven. I wish I could freeze this moment.
IMG_0376  IMG_0380
IMG_0362 IMG_0384 IMG_0388 IMG_0389
I wish I could freeze so many moments over the last few days. I have so many things I want to record before they slip away and I don’t know where to start!I also don’t have many chunks of uninterrupted time for one thing.  Babies need to eat often. Who knew. And then there’s the fact that I am more sleep deprived than I thought was humanly possible, so well structured thought processes are somewhat elusive. Perhaps I will just start at the very beginning and slip things in as I remember them… stream of consciousness style….does that work for you?
First, I need to nap while baby does. I did say I would after all :)
Next up……
Labour and Delivery (oh boy, what a ride that was!)

I'm reading: happyTweet this!

9 comments:

Brittany said...

LOVE her!!! I can't wait to meet her! I can't believe how much she makes Bennett seem old!

Eden said...

Wow, what a cutie with some serious pudge! 9 lbs you say? That looks about right! And yes, I've always felt that way on the third day. Why does no one ever tell you that is going to happen? I thought I was losing my mind the first time. HUGS for all of you and you better be asleep as much as possible!

Claire said...

She is GORGEOUS, as are you! Keep your promise to yourself...sleep while she sleeps! Looking forward to the rest of the story in between feedings, naps, etc. Try to stay in that bubble of happiness too...you have so many people who care about you and are willing to help!

Sheila said...

She is TOO precious! Rest up momma!

leah said...

oh, what darling pictures! congratulations again! and my prayers are with you that you'll feel back up to steam in no time. :)

Big Ugly Man Doll said...

Yay pics! She's totally cute. Now get some sleep!!!

Julia said...

Awwwwwwwwwww............

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Kirsty!!! She is amazing! Look at those cheeks! So happy for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

She is GORGEOUS! And so CHUBBY!! Imagine what would have happened if you had NOT "nudged" her along. I am enjoying the "to be continued" format. Remember the promise. Don't go to bed at 03:00 and nap with the baby. We all seem to be unanamous on that! (wish we had spell check - I am not a Gabe!)