Brothers and Sisters…

My sweet Gracie. She is the best big sister. I asked her a few days after Ella was born if it was as good as she had imagined and she smiled at me and said, “better”. The worst part of having the flu for her was not being able to cuddle her baby. She is making up for lost time now.
DSC_0195 DSC_0197 DSC_0198 DSC_0199 DSC_0200 DSC_0201 DSC_0202
I love this loving gaze…wish it was in focus :(
lovinggaze DSC_0221
My incomparable friend Amanda (Amanda, after I got your letter I told Aaron that from now on I wanted him to only refer to me as “The Incomparable Kirsty”)  made these adorable hair pretties for my girlies.  They were very happy to model them right out of the envelope. Thank you Amanda! We love, love, love the magnets too. They were well worth the wait :)
DSC_0238 DSC_0239 DSC_0248 DSC_0255
Big Brother Benj. I love that he listens so attentively to little sister Gracie without getting annoyed when she gives him (somewhat bossy) advice on how to hold Ella, burp or and feed her. He didn’t even get riled when she stated that he was “so bad at this”.  He really isn’t.
DSC_0265 DSC_0270 DSC_0271 DSC_0278 DSC_0281
My goofy guys.  Poor Ella is never going to have a date.
DSC_0282 DSC_0283 DSC_0284 DSC_0285 DSC_0286 DSC_0293
And don’t forget the daddy. Ella loves being held by her daddy. This morning he was rocking her back to sleep and I could just see their silhouette in the low light. I want to keep that mental snapshot forever. A tiny baby girl in the arms of her big strong daddy is probably the sweetest silhouette there is.
Her eyes seem to be changing from dark grey to dark blue. It will be interesting to see…
DSC_0302 DSC_0304
I love this polite, slightly pained expression she gets when she wants to eat…and the little wave, like “excuse me waiter, but could you please take me to the milk bar…”
DSC_0306

I'm reading: Brothers and Sisters…Tweet this!

6 comments:

southerninspiration said...

How adorable!!! Nothing like a precious newborn, but seeing her with her siblings is precious!

Suzanne

Aaron B. said...

Love, love, love my girls, my boys and the Incomparable Kirsty!

<3 Aaron B.

The Brysons said...

Your family is awesome. I'm sure your kiddos are excellent big sibs. And I'm still LOLing at "milk bar." :)

Amander said...

Your kids are beyond gorgeous! I love this post! Not just because your girls make my yarn flowers look so much better! -The Intermittently Capable Amanda

Anonymous said...

She is just as beautiful and remarkable as she was in my dream. I can't get over how she looks with such comprehension! She truly looks like she is communicating! Love it!
Marmie.

Unknown said...

Your children are so precious! What a blessed mommy you are!