Two Grateful

sunshine fall
1. I am grateful for my eyesight. I spent the day contact lens free, and the baby kept grabbing my glasses and throwing them on the floor. I can’t see very well at all without my contacts or glasses, but I do have great health insurance which covers vision…et voila…with a little help…I can see. I am indeed grateful.
2.The opportunity I have to raise another baby. I was always very delighted with my “batch” of kids so close together and there are so many advantages to doing it that way, but I am shocked and grateful at how much I am truly relishing my “laat lammetjie” (little late lamb). This article sort of describes how I feel.  But in addition it is just so. much. fun. to share a baby with my older kids, to be all “first time parent-ish” with my husband again (it’s so much fun to go out and coo over just one little person rather than corralling a crowd in car-seats). It’s wonderful to get to do the things I always wanted to do for and with my baby, but was too busy and overwhelmed with a bunch of littles  in tow. It truly does feel like such a bonus. I know it might not feel quite as much fun when she becomes more active and demanding, but right now I am enjoying almost every minute.
3.Roasted pumpkin seeds.  I love the process of cleaning them, roasting them and of course eating them.  Since I am eating Halloween candy like it’s my job this week, the savoury saltiness is a nice change. And did you know that they are really healthy?
4. Working appliances. Oh dear, I bet I just jinxed that. Didn’t I? But really, a dishwasher is a wonderful thing. 
5. Beautiful sunshine the last couple of days.  I know it’s days are numbered.

I'm reading: Two GratefulTweet this!

2 comments:

Jen Lynn said...

re:I know it might not feel quite as much fun when she becomes more active and demanding, but right now I am enjoying almost every minute.

I LOOOOVVEEE Jillian right now. She is starting to talk and hold conversations. I never recognized how stressful it was to have the 3 oldest so close together. Now, I get to love every single minute of her. I was wondering today, if I'm still going to feel the same way about her when she's 6 or 8 or 10. Probably ;)

Anonymous said...

Having had the big gaps, I can tell you it remains fun. Having said that, I SOOOOOO enjoyed "the babies", but there WERE only 2 of them, and lots of older kids to help!
Love pumpkin seeds too, and impressed that you make your own - from scratch!!! (with due reverance to Heavenly Father for the pumpkins of course!)
Love you.
Mater