1st Birthday Report

cake
Because I am the most sentimental woman in the world, (read this article I wrote for iVillage right before Finny turned 1…it’s exactly the same almost 8 years later….sniff…)  I stayed up until 12:19 am so I could snap a photo of her the moment she turned one..
twelvenineteen
And a few hours later when she was up for the day
waking up
She was greeted with lots of singing and cuddles from big sibs, mommy and even daddy-who stayed home for the day! What a wonderful surprise for our daddy’s girl.
bdaybrobirthdaycuddle
She had a fun morning playing, having a bubble bath and going for a walk with Shemly in the 80 degree weather!  I love how she grips the edge of stroller tray when we go for walks. It’s one of those little things that make me want to stop and eat her…. we stopped in the shade of this pretty magnolia tree. It smelled almost as pretty as it looked.
birthdaywalkmagnolia tree
And then it was time for lunch at our favourite little bakery.  Ella enjoyed drinking her water like a big girl and sharing a birthday crème brulee with us.   (The bakery doesn’t have high chairs so she had to join us on the table.)
creme bruleebig girl drinks
future's so bright
Her future’s so bright she’s gotta wear shades.
After a fun afternoon, the sibs came home and we had a yummy birthday dinner followed by CAKE.  She was deeply fascinated by the candle
DSC_0037candleawe
For Moi?
for moi
firsttaste
Don’t mind if I do!…Mmmmmmmmmm…….intriguing…
mmmmmm
Ok! Take me to the presents, daddy!
sweetgirl
Wow!  What could it be?!
unwrap
Are you kidding?!  A piano just for me?
piano
And all of you guys, too, apparently!
smotheredbylove
That’s ok. I don’t mind duets.
duet
Ah…a solo at last!
solo
I’m dedicating this one to my girl, Shemly!
concertforshemly
Later, when everyone got home from soccer there was one more present..
It makes her quite nervous
walker
She found a much less stressful use for it
bookinwalker
Ended the day with a rowdy little photo shoot with mommy to complete our 3 part series
oneyearfly
It was such a happy day, fitting for a girl who makes us so happy.
257
Next up!  Scenes from her hot air balloon party Smile

I'm reading: 1st Birthday ReportTweet this!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, she is just too, too gorgeous for words! Hard to say which picture is the cutest, but the one of her asleep as she turned 1 has got to be a hot favourite. What a little cuddle bug she is! Can't wait to squish her!!!
Marmie