Stuff that my mom is missing on instagram

This one is for you marmie, and others who eschew social networking sites such as facebook and instagram, which I update with cutesy photos, mostly of Ella (clearly my most favoured child), with startling regularity.  I should probably make this a regular feature so she (as in my mom) can see the stuff she is missing, and so that I (as in me) don’t have to come up with original content. Win-win!
PS: Ella is actually not my most favoured child, but she is the one who doesn’t have much opinion about whether or not she is photographed and uploaded to social networking sites with startling regularity.
So here’s some of what you missed (regarding mostly Ella) on instagram (and facebook) (and that is just in June, mom.)
surfer girl with brothers and storm on the horizon
031
This reading material pretty much summed up our whole day on the day she was reading it (‘twas the” poopie diaper independently removed whilst still in the crib” day)
f22ebc42bf2e11e19894123138140d8c_7
Below: (At her 15 month check up). She is 75th percentile all around, except for her head and cuteness, both of which are off the charts.
pic 2: here’s Ella, unsuspectingly catching up on a little light reading whilst waiting for shots. #unsuspecting #abouttogetugly
235237
pic 2: neatly relocating the contents of my wallet into my (thankfully empty) teacup #toddler project
238184
pic 1: tracking spoor of the young Ellabeth, at the watering hole. (I think it is hilarious that this clearly shows how she lifts her bum so there is no drag.)
114115
…And squishable thighs:
314
I love these people
260
the secret life of baby insomniacs #ecounfriendly#gotosleepalready
135
As big sister tries on clothing, Ellabeth contemplates her escape
239
Her hair is curling at the nape of her neck
d059b3a2c09f11e1b2fe1231380205bf_7
pic 1: rapt and adoring
014015
more from the beach
016547
pic 1: chameleon     pic 2: BFF’s
009027
Extremely chuffed over the strawberry milkshake daddy made.
029
sleepy cuddles
007

I love that I have the exact same picture of him in years gone by, towel wrapped around him, blue lips,  adorable freckles, one eyebrow at attention. Always.
116
The official start of Summer, 7pm June 20th.
086
cherished tradition (St. Joseph’s)
001003
pic 1: My goofy boys finding the South African flag on the dolphin.  pic 2: when they were playing in the ship, a guy drove past and yelled out of his window “why are pirates always happy? The just aaargh!” (St. Joseph’s)
002529
pic 1Look what I found in Ella’s closet! #funbigbros Check out the sticker behind them, Gracie bought it for me (Beware The Sleep Deprived Mom.-She speaks from experience).
pic 2: Monday Night Yoga
013fa739e36bf3811e181bd12313817987b_7
Daily wrestle over my teacup (note her foot in play. what you can’t hear is the SCREAMING) She likes to play with the wet teabag #toddlersaregross
089
Simpson Garden Park flora on Father’s Day 2012
191118
pic 1; You know you are the mom of a toddler when your best shot at an uninterrupted pedicure is on the dashboard, somewhere  in Indiana pic 2: what Benj was inspired to post  after cleaning the bathroom one day.
098025
pic 1: Dessert from our ‘last meal’. (Before you start the HCG diet you have to eat very high in fat and calories for two days) Wish I’d enjoyed it more (it was yummy, I was just not in the mood) pic 2: The appreciation of sand was an acquired taste for Ellabeth
542066
My beautiful babies in dreamland
002003
Sweet big bros take little lady out on a date

Vintage Fisher Price (I was succesfully using them to distract her from scratching her heat rash, nothing from this era would do it)

From Finny’s school journal, first day of second grade. Makes me verklempt.

What is this lotion of which you speak, mother?

And finally, from today: how cute is this little girl? (She is still not liking to walk unless she is holding onto one of our hands …)

Inside/Outside Family Portrait. (Check out the impatiens!)
                       372
If you are not my mom, do you instagram? I would love to follow you! I am stin2000.

I'm reading: Stuff that my mom is missing on instagramTweet this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this post is awesome!!! What did we do without instagram!?! I mean really you got so many great memories here!

Come on over and follow along my colorful blog...I think you'd really like it (but maybe I'm a little bias?! haha)

xoxo
Aarean
colorissue.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ag, come on now!!! I have got the commenting thing down pat. Even do a teensie bit of FB, now what the bleep is instagram???? I CAN'T KEEP UP ALREADY!!!! I AM TECHNICALLY A RETIREE!!!!