You are all officially off the hook....

Demean away people! Demean away!

White people will train for months, telling everyone who will listen about how they get up early in the morning, they run when it rains, how it makes them feels so great and gives them energy.

When they finish the marathon, they will generally take a photo of themselves in a pair of New Balance sneakers, running shorts, and their marathon number with both hands over their head in triumph (seriously, look it up, this is universal).

They will then set goals like running in the Boston Marathon or the New York Marathon.

If you find yourself in a situation where a white person is talking about a marathon, you must be impressed or you will lose favor with them immediately. Running for a certain length of time on a specific day is a very important thing to a white person and should not be demeaned.

So this is where I'm at on the training



I don't know if I have mentioned it before but if I do not exercise for more then 2 day in a row, I completely lose all desire to exercise ever again. Ever. If I miss day I'm all raring to go, 2 days, I'm still kinda into it. 3 days...it's over. I hurt myself last Wednesday so you do the maths.

However, it is rather crucial for my health that I do exercise since a few days of my spastic adrenaline gland not getting a flushing makes me begin to resemble a Parkinson's patient. I also get irritable and depressed. Which makes me less inclined to want to exercise. It's a very special time. Fortunately I am obliged to exercise with other people so I cannot remain in my state of inertia forever even if I may want to and that is my saving grace.

I'm thinking I will take Carolyn's advice and "quit". That would probably make it fun again.

I'm reading: You are all officially off the hook....Tweet this!

1 comments:

nyn said...

I understand this all too well. Good luck with the whole "quitting" plan. I am always here for moral support even if I'm not able to exercise with you in person.
Remember when we used to walk and work out together. Those were the days :)