And the winnah is..........

So that was just lovely. I had the most wonderful day, evening, and weekend thinking and reading about what you all were doing. I am blessed with amazing people to call friends. Did you see this? Did you read this? Did you all read what each other did? If you didn't, you should. It was phenomenal. I really could not have received any better gift and it made me feel sunny all the way through to my cold old bones. You people are just plain good. It soon became very apparent to me that choosing a winner myself would be impossible, so I went the non-emotional robotic route and got the computer to do my dirty work for me.


Just so you know how I went about doing this....I gathered all "report back" posts from the sundry places they had been posted, both on this website and elsewhere, and put them all together under the Feb 6th post. (I counted two comments by a single poster as one. )

I used the random number generator and here is what I got:



Which led me to the conclusion that the winner of the Less Sucky Birthday Then Before sweepstakes is...drrruuuuummmrooolllllllllllll.....



Kallie said...
My neighbor has this awful disorder that requires she be on formula so she can get the nutrients she needs. she is in her first tri. o' pregnancy and even though she was sick as a dog before (with two kids under 3), now she is SICKER than a dog-- can't even take care of her family. She sent a mass email about writing to our state reps to ask them to vote that private insurances be required to cover the cost for this "formula" and i knew i should -- seriously thought about it, then when it became too hard to do and know exactly what to say -- i put it off. (you know when you put things off, sometimes . . .they don't happen) well, i'm going to write my Rep on your birthday. it may be confusing and frustrating, but it will be doing good for my neighbor and the other people of the world who have this disorder. Have a Happy Day!


Yay Kallie! I think you did a great thing and I especially love that it was way out of your comfort zone. I wish your neighbour all the best, and hope that this campaign will result in easing the burden of many people. For your super duper not party pooper prize you shall receive......


A HOLE PUNCH!!!! (Nah, only kidding, I'm just referring to your really pitiful Christmas wish list a couple of years ago. I so hope that you are now the proud owner of a hole punch). I am excited to shop for you tomorrow. I think I know just what I will get. (I'll show the rest of you voyeurs as soon as I have it.. so long as Kallie promises not to peek). Like I said, I don't think I can be restrained from sending a few honourable mention packages too....you just never know.


From the bottom of my heart, thank you again for being such wonderful friends, stellar people and fine citizens of the earth. I love you all.


I'm reading: And the winnah is..........Tweet this!

3 comments:

jmt said...

That flower bunch reminded me of my wedding. :) Aahhh. Congrats to Kallie, congrats on the goodness you spread around the world, and Happy Birthday...again. :) Another week of doing good is about to start!

Kallie said...

I am humbled -- so many good people did so many good things. Hooray for Kirsty's birth!

April Kennedy said...

Your birthday sounded wonderful and not only for you...but the world! I loved your challenge. Thank you!