Refreshingly different.....

I just read about this magazine on my friend Charis's blog.


"Eliza Magazine is created for women who want to be stylish, sexy, and engaged in the world while retaining high standards in dress, entertainment, and lifestyle. Eliza strives to bring you the best of fashion without any of the trash. We will not uncover the sexual secrets to make him want you, promote people who are glitz with no substance, or glorify lifestyles that we know do not bring happiness. We are dedicated to finding up-and-coming fashion lines, showcasing pieces that are worth the big price tags, and discover deals that are just as hip at your local low-end department stores−along with presenting articles on uplifting entertainment, current issues, creative ideas, and life in general."

I think it might be worth a subscription. Now if only we could find a fashion magazine featuring models who resemble people in real life. Attractive, healthy, well groomed, confident, but not necessarily size 2 and no air-brushing. Does one exist? Anyone want to start one of those magazines with me?

Do you think it would sell well? Or at the end of the day do you think the majority of people secretly do just want to see images of unattainable perfection? Novelty value? Eye candy?

Things that make you go hmmm.....

I'm reading: Refreshingly different.....Tweet this!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I would make that magazine with you!! I totally agree with you on that! I would much rather see real people instead of the airbrushed, perfect bodied models.

Jen Lynn said...

Um, Kirsty. I love you. I have been looking for a navy blue maternity dress for this wedding for a month!!! And I just found one from gap.com by following your link to that magazine and looking at their blog.

Halle-freakin'-lujia!