March Madness and a little Momedy..

Welcome March! New month and a new season (technically) begins this month. The end is in sight. Hooray!

It's been a while since my blog post reflected my blog title, so this is a little survey that is doing the rounds. You interview your kids about you. I did all of mine separately so they would not influence each other's answers.


I love this photo because is it really representative of how they (usually) are together. They are so lucky.


The results were interesting. On many questions they came up with similar or identical answers (What's with the "Goodnight?" thing?)

On the strength of this questionnaire you might think I was the mother of Howard Hughes and his siblings, you would also think I worked in the library a lot when in fact I only volunteer at the school library, once a week. And you would also think I had a passion for salmon. Salmon is ok, I eat it because it's good for me, but I love lobster. I am in fact 33 and about 5'2. And now that McCain isn't running for President anymore, I don't think he is a moron.

(*For those not in the know, Benj is the oldest at age 10, Gabe is 8, Gracie is 7 and Finny is 4.)

Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen I give you... My kids. On me.


1. What is something mom always says to you?
Gabe: Good night
Gracie: I love you
Finny: Good night
Benj: Good night


2. What makes mom happy?

Gabe:presents

Gracie: When I do the dishes

Finny: Giving her kisses and hugging her

Benj: When the house is clean


3. What makes mom sad?

Gabe: people trashing the house

Gracie: Messy rooms

Finny: Not cleaning up messes

Benj: When the house is dirty

4. How does your mom make you laugh?


Gabe: by tickling me

Gracie: she tickles me

Finny: tickles

Benj: By being obnoxious when the other 3 don't want to clean. Like she covers her ears and happily shouts, "YAAAAAY!!!!" when they are crying and complaining.


5. What was your mom like as a child?

Gabe: She was nice

Gracie: I don't know!

Finny: I don't remember that 'cos I was a baby!

Benj: Crazy


6. How old is your mom?

Gabe: 29 (giggles)

Gracie: 23?

Finny: 23

Benj: 25 (laughs)


7. How tall is your mom?


Gabe: Isn't it like 5'4 or something like that?

Gracie: I don't know!

Finny: About 4 ft long

Benj: 5'3


8. What is her favorite thing to do?


Some moms go to the pool to relax in the Summer, ours mops! Whooohooooo!

Gabe: You really like to take care of us

Gracie: Clean

Finny: Clean

Benj: Use the computer, blog

Mommy loves it when we maul her.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?


Gabe: Goes to the gym

Gracie: Plays with Finny, kisses him...

Finny: Do important stuff

Benj: Plays Wii Fit



10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?


Gabe: For being a great librarian and substitute teacher

Gracie:Cleaning

Finny: For being a nice mommy

Benj: Maybe her blog would become super famous


11. What is your mom really good at?


Gabe: I would say being a mom

Gracie: Cleaning

Finny: Cleaning

Benj: Being a mom


12. What is your mom not very good at?


Gabe: You're not very good at being mean to people

Gracie: Driving

Finny: Driving the car (I'm just making it funny so people would laugh on your blog)

Benj: Soccer


13. What does your mom do for a job?


Gabe: She's a librarian and she is a substitute and also she is Young Women's President

Gracie: You TA for my class and work at (another school)

Finny: Cleans the office

Benj: She TA's, works at the library, she cleans and she be's a mom and she's the leader of our bookclub , doula and all that stuff, and she's the President of Young Woman and I could go on and on and on


14.What is your mom's favorite food?

Gabe:Salmon

Gracie: Chocolate

Finny: Healthy food

Benj: Salmon


15.What makes you proud of your mom?


Gabe: When she achieves something, then I'm really proud of her

Gracie: She's cool

Finny: For making me clean the house

Benj: She's from South Africa


16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?


Gabe: Oprah

Gracie: Wonder Woman

Finny: Alicea (Diego's sister) but you're way bigger.

Benj: Wonder Woman


17. What do you and your mom do together?


Gabe: Sometimes we play board games

Gracie: Shop

Finny: Take a walk

Benj: We are very competitive at Wii Fit




18. How are you and your mom the same?


Gabe: We both have brown hair!

Gracie: We both like to be creative

Finny: Cos we both have brown hair

Benj: We both think McCain is a moron

19. How are you and your mom different?


Gabe:She's a girl and I'm a boy

Gracie: She's bigger and I'm smaller

Finny: Cos you are a girl and I'm a boy

Benj: We have different colured hair


20. How do you know your mom loves you?


Gabe: 'Cos she says so and she's always hugging me.

Gracie: I just do

Finny: Cos I'm cute and handsome

Benj: Because she gives me a house and a bed and just about everything I want and she tells me so.





21. What does your mom like most about your other parent?


Gabe: Everything

Gracie: That he's helpful

Finny: 'Cos if she asks him to do something he will do it. Like if you want to go somewhere and night and you didn't know where you coat was he would get it for you.

Benj: He makes her food

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?


Gabe: South Africa

Gracie: The store

Finny: To Wendy's and Panera and she likes healthy food

Benj:South Africa


23. What's the craziest thing your Mom has ever done?




Gabe: Knocked down our bookshelf and broke Benj's trophy

Gracie: She went crazy when Obama won even with her laptop on her lap

Finny: Laughs when we cry

Benj: Had Gabe on my 2nd birthday instead of giving me a puppy!


24. What's the smartest thing your Mom has ever done?


Gabe: Having me as a baby :)

Gracie: I dunno

Finny: Clean up

Benj: Told daddy to vote for Obama


25. What's your Mom's favorite movie?


Gabe: Probably Mama Mia

Gracie: Mama Mia

Finny: Scary movies, American Idol

Benj: Mama Mia







I'm reading: March Madness and a little Momedy..Tweet this!

5 comments:

nyn said...

Oh my word, this was so funny. I loved that the smartest thing you did for Gabe was have him, and how instead of giving benj a puppy for his second b-day you had Gabe. These are priceless. I want to do this for sure with my kids.

Denise said...

LOL!!! They are too cute!

Stephanie said...

Oh man. I think your kids are amazing and hilarious, just like you. That Finny is a crack up! Suffice it to say that I LOVE that you are the same Kirsty I knew way back when and that you're raising your kids to be feisty and cool just like you. (But can I say I'm SO JEALOUS that you are so skinny and haven't aged a day?!)

LunaMoonbeam said...

That is SO cute!!! And those are some GREAT pics of you, Mama!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you scattered related pictures all through the survey! I've seen this meme before, but never with illustrations added in!