Monday Moments

Woke up more then an hour earlier then usual. Only felt cranky about that about 45 minutes into the day. Felt really cranky about it.

Rode a hovercraft. In a school gym. Powered by a leaf blower. I sat in that serene environment for 7 (count em) hours today listening to other people ride (and scream) on the leaf blower powered hover craft. If you want to imagine how loud that may be, close yourself in your garage and turn on your leaf blower, then bring all the neighbourhood kids in to scream at you over it.

Stamped several hundred little hands with invisible ink. The big favourite was when I stamped little paw prints going all the way up their arms, disappearing under their sleeves. Shone a black light on it and ooohhhhh....awesome. I have to say it did not get old, I was just as awe-struck with its awesomeness every single time I did a" reveal" as they were. I wonder what that says about me. It took me a while to figure out at 4pm why I had such a headache...

Held a freshie (less then 24 hour old) baby for most of an hour today. And inhaled. And looked at all the perfect teeny little parts. Perfect teeny ear, perfect teeny finger, perfect teeny toe, perfect teeny yawn. Inhaled some more. When they figure out how to bottle the smell of a brand new baby's head we will have heaven in a bottle. Discussed the horrors of the labour with mom of freshie baby. Good times. Really though, there is nothing like the exhiliration of a difficult (torturous) labour being over with your precious prize in your arms. Nothing. She was glowing.

Drove with my sunroof open, music playing for all to hear. Happy, happy, joy joy.

Watched my preschooler cruise from one experiment to another in school gym with all the cool confidence of a sixth grader. That kid is just cool. No escaping it. Also? Completely, painfully adorable.

Watched
my kids playing in the park-my little girl with flying blonde braids, red and navy apple print dress, lively laughter as she takes on all the boys in an impromptu soccer game.

Watched my second born, freckles lit up with the thrill of cruising across the school gym a few inches above the ground.

Watched kitchen transform from African burgundy to Mint Frappe at the hands of my patient husband. Marveling at the amount of clutter which needs to be eliminated to transform cozy African kitchen into sweet vintage kitchen

Cleaned the ceiling while I was at it. And the top of the fridge...and the cabinets..and..(once Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is in hand it is hard to stop..)

Wore brand new clearanced Anne Taylor khakis today. And I liked it. I am over jeans.

Feeling really , really tired.

Happy Monday!

I'm reading: Monday MomentsTweet this!

8 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

wow, what a day! you did more in your 24 hours than i manage to do in a week, i think. your blurb about visiting the freshie and the mom was beautiful.

i am stopping by to welcome you to SITS, we are thrilled to have you join us!

Ann On and On... said...

Fun post. I am totally green with envy...khakis and the windows open, lucky!

Stopped by to welcome you to SITS and invite you to be a part of my giveaway. Jump over and check it out. If you have time read about my "I love being carded!" card swap. Everyone likes "good mail", right.

Denise said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT day!!!I hope you get a good nights sleep & wake up feeling refreshed in the morning.

LunaMoonbeam said...

Awww, that's a GREAT Monday!!

Lisa M said...

wow you had a full monday! Mine almost drove me insane lol.

Welcome to the SITStahood!

Brandy said...

I'm tired just from reading that. And I love the term "freshie" - LOL!

Welcome to SITS!

Mandy said...

Wowza, you have been busy! The chance to hold such a sweetie pie was precious and imagining a leaf blower and screaming sounded like how I feel by 3:00 most afternoons.:)
I came by to say Welcome to SITS! I'm with the Welcome Wagon and we are so glad you joined us. As I'm sure you already know, it's a fabulous group of ladies!
Enjoy your day,
Mandy
www.gourmetmomonthego.com

jmt said...

OH MY GOSH!!! WHO ELSE SAYS HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY???? Seriously???? My Friend and I....well, me...used to sing/chant this all the time when we were running track workouts. Holy moly I love hearing that others did things or said things like me. But happy happy, joy joy? :) You totally made my day...on a Tuesday.