Sunday nap

Today when I finally walked out of church I noticed it was decidedly Spring-like. Happy day! I came home, ate lunch and pottered around for a bit, then declared to Aaron that I was deliciously tired. He knows that this is code for a nap, an undisturbed nap.

The children were all playing outside so I retired to my bedroom. The window was open and a slight cool breeze was blowing. The bedroom was a bit chilly but under my fluffy duvets it was perfection. Perfect sleeping weather.

I put myself to sleep by reading one of my recently re-acquired (Hooray for eBay) favourite books from my childhood-The What Katy Did series. They are quaint and gentle and pastoral-somewhat Little Woman-ish. I drifted off reading about charming children playing outside in their garden, listening to real children playing in the garden below my window. Sublime.


I was frequently woken from my happy idyllic dreams of holidaying surrounded by warm water, with my whole family, (mom, you were rockin' that bikini by the way), by the sounds of happy children. I would open my eyes a crack and see the sunlight streaming through the open window, and fall back into blissful slumber, picking up my happy holidaying dreams just where I left off. It was dreamy, in every sense of the word.

The perfect sunny Spring Sunday. I can't wait for more like it.

I'm reading: Sunday napTweet this!

9 comments:

Krista said...

Sounds yummy and delicious. Spring is definitely in the air and I've got the clean house to prove it!

jmt said...

What a wonderful idea. I did this Saturday morning. It wasn't really a nap, it was a sleeping in request. And the sun wasn't sunshiny or warm. It was still cold I think. But instead of being up at 6am, I didn't have to get out of bed until 8:30. :)

Missy said...

Oh sounds heavenly! And thanks for the book, I will have to see if I can't uncover a set to read to my girls!

Rhea said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday! Very nice. And I've never read that book...

I've with the SITS Welcome Wagon. I've been following SITS for around nine months now, and I've read so many fun blogs, met so many amazing women, and really enjoyed the supportive female-blogger community. So, welcome SITSta, glad you've joined us!

The Sayer Family said...

I am so behind on reading blogs but I have loved reading yours this morning. What a sweet little Gabe you have! Do you think you could send a little spring our way - I am SOOOOOOOO looking forward to being outside!

Trish said...

I remember that book! Wow. It's been a while.

Glad you are finding spring has sprung! Summer is sizzling here.

I'm dropping by to welcome you to SITS. You are gonna L*O*V*E the SITStahood! Happy Mondaying!

Carma Sez said...

Books from our childhood bring back so many fun memories.
Came by to say "hi" and welcome you to SITS. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this group of vibrant women bloggers!
carma

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful. I can't wait for spring to really hit here and a quiet nap is always good.

Welcome to SITS!

Jen said...

wait, hold the phone! you are a mommy and you actually got to take a nap? no way! ;)

glad you enjoyed it, sounds heavenly oh and welcome to SITS!