Dealing with Depression

My article over at Modern Molly Mormons today is about depression. It's a subject near (if not dear) to my heart. I think depression is somewhat epidemic in our time, but happily, for most people, it is completely treatable.

For many people though, understanding depression enough to get the treatment they need is a complicated and painful process.

I hope you will read it, because even if you are blessed enough to never encounter depression in your lifetime, someone you know and love will undoubtedly have to. I feel like I have lost a lot of my life to depression when it did not have to be that way, and it is my prayer that I can help other people to avoid wasting any of theirs on this insidious disease. Here, I must also express my undying gratitude and appreciation to the amazing people who have helped me through this difficult journey in the past. I will never forget your patience, wisdom and unselfishness. Your mansion in heaven will be made out of chocolate if I have anything to do with it.


I'm reading: Dealing with DepressionTweet this!

6 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

May this be a blessing to someone, somewhere today.

Jo said...

Kirsty, I LOVE your blog. And I LOVE the all about you section. I laughed very hard. :) (This is Tisha's daughter BTW)

Krista said...

I'm off to read it--interesting! Like you, I have SO been there!

Jodie said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story about depression. I have been suffering from PPD since my daughter was 2 1/2 months old. I am now to the point where I have more good days than bad days. I hope that someone who needs some words of encouragement finds this blog.

Melody said...

I can totally relate! I have years that I don't even remember. Scary stuff, but yes, treatable! Thanks.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Stress management has always been a challenge for me. I have three kids and a career, and I was feeling really overwhelmed. I found a similar resource which helped me to fight depression in a well structured way. Every working mom should check this out.