Half Marathon's Eve....


Tomorrow is the big day folks. And we're in it to win it. Benj and I have a lofty goal. We hope to be the last two runners across the finish line. I have a pulled muscle (don't ask how), he has a cold. I think we have a real shot at this. I'm excited.

Seriously, I don't enjoy competition. I actively dread races. But I'm looking forward to doing this with Benj. We are going to be slow, this we know. But we will finish it. Of this we are certain. And afterwards we are going to eat a hotdog like nobody's business. I look forward to that moment with great anticipation. GREAT anticipation.

I'm reading: Half Marathon's Eve....Tweet this!

8 comments:

Chief said...

Good luck tomorrow! I admire those who have the strength to do this. How great you will feel!

Stephanie said...

Go Benj and Kirsty!! I know you can do it!

And I heart you too! Thanks for thinking I'm smart. :-) After that blog post, my family is probably ready to disown me.

alpinekleins said...

Wow! So impressive - go for it! Can't wait to hear all about the experience! If I could crawl across the finish line in a half marathon I'd be sooo thrilled :)

Kristin

MrsM said...

How cool!!! I hope you guys have fun tomorrow =)

Lynn Kellan said...

You go, girl! Limping counts!

The Sayer Family said...

Good luck you two! I am so impressed that you guys can run that far. I walk a mile and am panting by the end. WAY TO GO!!!!!!

Unknown said...

run, run , as fast as you can... you can't catch them, they're part of the Sayer clan....(it works much better when i insert Jessi Pat-ton but you get the idea)
Have fun, pace yourselves, drink lots of fluids and most important enjoy this awesome bonding experience... Where are you running at?

Dahling said...

Hope it all went well ! Looking forward to hearing a blow by blow account. I have changed my 21km entry to a 10km ....I refuse not to go through it all and not finish in time....