Windy Wednesday

* photos may or may not have been doctored to include the Santa hat. It adds some festivity to the scandal.

The wind is insane m'peep is. I have lived in some windy locales in my life but this is quite the scene. It's "I can flyyyyy" type of wind. Finny and I were literally swept across the street this morning, much to his delight and my alarm. When I went to get some petrol (gas..I just had to be me for a moment) today, he was anxiously tapping on the window. When I got in after fueling up, he said, "I was trying and trying to tell you to be careful mommy because the wind is so strong". I must admit it did cross my mind that the nozzle was going to be ripped out of the tank, petrol spraying everywhere, windshield wiper fluid bottles hitting me from all angles, metal signs possibly knocking me unconscious. The dear little worry-wart apple clearly does not fall far from the tree.

So it's been a non-stop day and I'm feeling faintly frantic with fatigue so I will just get to reporting the latest nativity notes, shall I? Feel free to skim over the sappiness, I am recording these for posterity because 36 scraps of paper are hard to keep track of and they are rather sweet.

"Benj is a super-cool and confident kid. I am so proud of his hard work and his willingness to choose the right. Plus he had mad soccer skillz. Love you, Beej, love Daddy"

"I am thankful for mommy because she makes me laugh every day and loves me even when I'm grouchy. She makes the sun shine brighter and has made such wonderful, kind children. She is my missing sock. I love her soooooo.-Daddy"

"I love mommy because she provides me with food, shelter, clothes and pretty much everything I need. Also she cuddles me, and she raises me to be a healthy human being."-love Gabe


I'm reading: Windy WednesdayTweet this!

18 comments:

Janet said...

LOL...love the tabloid photos. "She is my missing sock."=sweetest line ever!

Devon said...

SO adorable...that is wonderful. And the photos are great!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh my, you two are CEEEUUTE!!!

jmt said...

I agree with Janet..."missing sock" is by far the sweetest line I've never heard. Adorable. But then again....of course you two are...look at those pics. And she's raising me to be a healthy human being? How grown up of him. I don't see my 12 year old saying that anytime soon.

KatBouska said...

I love the doctored photos! Maybe you could have given him a sexy beard too. ;)

Angelia said...

Very, very cute! I love those scraps. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

OMG...so sweet! You are the missing sock! LOL!

Sherri said...

Awwww....that is so cute:)

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

What a cute picture. Good luck staying "grounded" with all that wind! Hope you have a great SITS day!

Lisa said...

Love the photos! You truly have quite the personality. I love to meet sisters in the gospel on here.

Kristin @ Meanbean said...

"she raises me to be a healthy human being"

Best. Quote. Ever.

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

I love that....LOL. Oh, and the little quotes are so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Marie said...

Very sweet!

Vivianne said...

Aawwwww. How adorable!

Minky Moo said...

Swoon. I so look forward to my little one saying sweet things like. He better say them, damnit.

Jessica Nunemaker said...

Kids say the cutest things! Love it!

Marie said...

Loved the tabloid pics! :)

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

You naughty little elf you! Hey better to be kissing Santa under the tree then say...Elin Woods right????

Happy SITS!

Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.MaWhats4Dinner.com