I am in denial....



That the holiday season actually has to end at some point. Else it would cease to be the holiday season. And it would just be regular life. And what would be so wrong about that I ask you? Nonstop Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Men, twinkling lights, yummy smells, a time where there is practically a mandate to eat as much fat and sugar as you can muster, my husband and chickens all under one roof every hour of the day? It cannot be drawing to an end.

It cannot. I keep thinking, "oh but wait, not to worry... there's still..... before real life starts back up". Except apparently the...... have all been filled. And it is over.

Yuck.

Seriously, I'm just not ready to go there.

No. I can't. You can't make me.

GAH.

Some years I am counting the days to the New Year. Christmas was super and all but I can't wait to start over, put all the holiday decorations away, pull out my fresh calendar and get back to business.

This is not that year. I'm not sure why. We had an absolutely wonderful season. Tomorrow if I can summon the strength and emotional fortitude, I will tell you about New Years Eve. Perhaps there will be photos.

A Hint: It was loud. And here is another hint. It had to do with a vow I made. And did not manage to fulfill in the specified time-frame. It involved black eyed peas, as is the New Year tradition.


That's all you get for now. I am off to mull some cider and listen to Christmas Carols and pretend that it is December 20th.

Anon....

I'm reading: I am in denial....Tweet this!

12 comments:

Tammy said...

I am so ready to get back into a routine again but I know I will miss sleeping in until 8:30 or 9. I am sure tomorrow morning you will jump in to reality with both feet...teehee! Enjoy your cider...:)!

Janet said...

It's hard to let this season go but the new year ahead is awaiting. Enjoy this last night.

Steph said...

Me too -I'm so not ready for the day-to-day routine to start up again. It's been a wonderful break. Hope the transition goes smoothly for you.

Chief said...

oh, I have never felt this way until this year... I want it to be December 18th... the last day of work and school

Bethany said...

I love routine and have been slowly losing my mind without it. I'm relieved to be back to ignoring my responsibilities like I always do.

Working Mommy said...

The man forced me to make black-eyed peas and ham...so I guess that is the end of 2009...sigh...

~WM

Mikki said...

I too didn't want to see it go. The day after I always feel like I didn't cherish it all enough.. But there is always next year..

Julia said...

It always goes so quickly that it seems all the preparations weren't worth it! But, it is over and I am just trying to figure out what kind of excuse I can come up with for needing to visit my grands. Oh wait, I don't need an excuse do I?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You and me both lady. My tree is still up. So glad I found you through SITS!

Valerie said...

There things I loved about the holidays and things I didn't get to and would love to and then there's more time with my kids that I'd always love to have. But we're back to a regular routine and I guess it's good in some ways. But I do understand how you feel!

nyn said...

Out of spite I sat around in my pjs almost all day today. I am on protest that the holidays are over and I have to send my kids back to school. I enjoyed catching up on your blog and your holidays. I am looking forward to working towards getting on your wall. Once the doctor clears me for exercise I am getting on there!! :)

MrsM said...

Hmmm....I can't figure out what you did-I can't wait to hear =)

I know what you mean about missing the holidays when they're over-it's such a nice time of year!

PS I have an award for you at my place!