WFMW: Make like it's a spa....

Cleaning in and of itself can be a therapeutic experience. Nothing like whipping a room into shape when you've got a good mad going on. Or Spring cleaning with the door open and a warm breeze wafting in...and several hours before the kids come home to mess it all up..... But the rest of the time..let's face it, it's a chore.

I've always been very no nonsense about my cleaning supplies. I try to go natural (I do love the Shak-Lee brand) but I often succumb to the chemicals (not literally you understand, I just succumb to their price tag).

I'm all for frugality but it struck me recently that if I'm going to spend so much of my life engaged in an activity like cleaning I deserved to spend a couple of extra bucks to make it as enjoyable (and healthy) as possible. You know?

So I treated myself to some of this:




I love the packaging, I love that chemical free and green and everything wholesome, but if I'm totally honest I have to say I most love that it smells sooooo good. They are touted to be "aromatherapeutic" and I'd say they are just that. It smells so clean and fresh and natural. I also got the glass cleaner. Considering I have to clean my glass front door about 3 times a day (thanks to my dog's enthusiasm for random passers-by) it is nice to use something a little more fragrant then Windex or vinegar.

I feel like it's a small treat each time I spritz it. As promised, the lemon verbena really does have a little "pick me up" effect. It's uplifting and soothing at the same time. Yep. It's practically a spa day every time I wipe off the stove......

Yeah...I'll keep telling myself that.

I picked up some microfiber cloths today too. I got a set of Casa Bella cloths. They came inside a nifty spray bottle (which has recipes for natural cleaning solutions on the side of it-pretty cool).



They have different textures-the blue is for glass and windows, the green is for stainless steel and chrome and the pink is for counter tops. Holy moly! They work so well. Our paper towel consumption is about to take a dramatic downturn. The glass and windows look soooooo much better then when I use paper towels. I got mine at Big Lots for 5 bucks but I see that they are widely available (for twice as much). Big Lots, how do I love thee...let me count the dollars...


These reviews were not solicited or compensated. They are just things that work for me. For what works for other people, check out Rocks In My Dryer.

I'm reading: WFMW: Make like it's a spa....Tweet this!

12 comments:

Kirsty said...

I only use Mrs. Meyers! I love it!

Jill said...

awesome tips... i love new cleaning supplies... thamks for the frugal tips...i like the method brand from target...

Unknown said...

Those are some nice products. And you do make a point about splurging on what you do the most.

Ally said...

Mrs. Meyers is on my list for my next Target trip! I've been wanting to try it for a while--I didn't know about the scent though--so that's a bonus!

Lisa said...

I used to use Melaleuca products. They are all natural, but I was trying to cut expenses, so I cut those. I'm just using up the last and considering making my own...

Where did you find your products? Especially those rags?

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! I listen to music to keep motivated to clean.

Eos Mom said...

THanks for the tip, I'll have to check Big Lots for the cloths, I'd love to cut down on my paper towel usage, but I'm super lazy, so we'll see....

Trish D said...

I just saw a shelf full of Mrs. Meyers products at Ross and was wondering how well they actually worked... May have to go back and snag a couple :)

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I did some Spring cleaning today too. I just gave you an award. I just posting it now.

Melissa said...

I'm going to check this product out! Thanks for the recommendation!!

catherine B said...

I love Meyers too! The smells is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

ellen said...

I have wanted to use the Meyers brand but am always thrown off by the price tag. Sounds like it's worth the expense, and you do make a good point about the amount of time spent cleaning- you might as well use the good stuff! I see spring cleaning in my future...