Our blob

Here is Rainbow Godiva* at 7 weeks 5 days. It was so exciting to hear that WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH see that tiny heart blinking away, and hear the ultrasound lady say that everything looked great. The whoosh whoosh whoosh was happening at a rate of 150 beats per minute. That's a girly heart-beat if you run with the old wives. My feeling is that RG is a boy though.....it will be fun to find out in about 14 weeks ;)

Forgive me, I must have a very unphotogenic uterus because my ultrasound photos are almost always really bad. Behold...the blob.







*Rainbow Godiva is the fetus name for our blob. My dear friend Jill came up with it after much thought and deliberation. I did not ask her if she was on any mood altering drugs at the time. She brings me chips and frozen lime pops, so I just went with it. If you were at this moment feverishly working on an email sensitively trying to dissuade me from calling my son Rainbow Godiva, allow me to reassure you that we will probably go with something more conventional for the actual child.

I'm reading: Our blobTweet this!

7 comments:

Kaylene said...

Congratulations again, Kirsty <3 I can't wait to see if she (or he) is "a blonde or a brown". :)

Moore Minutes said...

...you are seriously hilarious. I love how I can come to your blog anytime and smile or laugh.

This is an exciting time...congrats again.

Devon said...

YAY! Congrats!!!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Awww, what a great blob picture! :) I think s/he will always be Rainbow in my mind now. Perhaps if it's a girl, you should call her Rainey? ;)

Jill said...

RG looks just like me!!!!

Peg said...

She looks just like Gracie in that blue and yellow dress she has on.

Jen Lynn said...

I like rainbow godiva. Maybe SHE'LL grow up to marry my friend's baby Thundercloud.