Since we are on the riveting topic of errant teeth...

this (which was beyond genius as always) reminded me of the time I got my wisdom teeth out.

I did not have as ambitious goals as dear little Allie did, but I do remember clearly thinking it was of utmost importance that I read the magazine that I had left on the car-seat for my triumphant wisdom-toothless return. As soon as Aaron wrestled me into the car (I have no recollection of anything leading up to this), I remember grabbing that magazine and attempting to read it with the type of intensity I usually reserve for cramming 15 minutes before a final exam is due to start. It was 15 years ago but I remember it very clearly. I also remember holding the magazine upside down, and trying to navigate it into the proper orientation for several minutes.

I also recall telling Aaron over and over, "I'm Helen! I'm Helen" since I was disturbingly obsessed with the sitcom "Wings" at the time (it was a sad time in my life) and there was an episode where I guess Helen had dental surgery.

Have you seen this yet?



PS: Dentist report : Bad news: both teeth are the baby ones without replacements. Good news: they are not in fact as horrifyingly rotten as they look, they both just lost their fillings at the same time for some bizarre reason. Dentist is checking with OB to see how soon we can get this situation fixed.

I'm reading: Since we are on the riveting topic of errant teeth...Tweet this!

4 comments:

Janet said...

LOL...that's a serious trip. All I remember of my wisdom teeth removal is waking up and it being done and being wheeled to the car. I napped in the recliner the rest of the day.

Glad the teeth situation isn't as bad as you anticipated.

MrsM said...

I'm glad to hear that your teeth should be (somewhat) easily fixed! At least you are pleasant when you're doped up. I (apparently, since I have no memory of any of this) get hostile and extremely litigious. Basically I try to rip out all of my IVs and threaten to sue everyone I see. When I had my gallbladder out they had to strap my arms down and have Hubby sign a legal waiver LoL.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Hahahaha That video is hilarious!! I am glad that your teeth are easily fixed, although it's really weird that both fillings came out at the same time! I have one baby tooth also that has no adult replacement. :)

Peg said...

and I on the other hand had permanent teeth that were removed (which I would have gladly donated to the cause).

Glad you have a dentist you trust..so to speak.