Scenes from Easter 2011

easter2011
The traditional shoved-in-a-corner everybody had better smile nicely the first time because we are late for church family photo. Actually I think this one was the retake after church. Which is why I look particularly washed out and Ella is missing her socks (diaper change casualties) but our smiles are a lot more genuine ;)
family2011
Baby’s First Easter. Easter Colours+Baby Girls=Lots of Photos. Here’s our little bird…pretty in pink.
Easter baby littlebird
I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day…….My Girls :) Aren’t they so sweet? These shots weren’t actually posed although they look that way. They were both waiting for us to be done with photos already so they could get onto the next party…
DSC_0956
DSC_0960
bigsislilsis
littlesister
DSC_0952
I want to eat this photo up. I do. I do.
DSC_0975
I love small things…see?
Little tiny Lindt Chickens and Bunnies and Golden Cadbury’s eggs. These make my heart sing. The Lindt chickens were lined up 5 in a row-like my 5 little chickens-this made me irrationally happy.
DSC_0899 DSC_0903
DSC_0898DSC_0891
The girls got pretty Dove Fairy Bunnies and the Boys got Handsome Lindt Boy Bunnies. The hunt at home was a very systematic and technical affair. As you can tell from the Very Serious Faces.
DSC_0905 DSC_0907 DSC_0908 DSC_0912 DSC_0896
Daddy made sure Ella did not miss out on her share of the haul. I love how he had her take responsibility for her own basket draped on her fat little arm. Never too young to start teaching ownership. And I’m sure we will keep that chocolate bunny safe for her until she can enjoy it. Erhem..
bunnywithbunny
After we had our fill of sugar at home we went to the Richardsons. As we do.
DSC_0985
The traditional Gang Easter Egg Hunt Photo. I love that the oldest is holding the youngest. I remember when beautiful Michelle who is now 16 was just a little girl of 9 ready to get out there with her basket.….sniff…
DSC_0987 DSC_0991
And they’re off!!! I love that Gabe and Finny both need to employ their tongues in the effort.
DSC_0995DSC_0997
DSC_1035
DSC_1044
DSC_1027
DSC_1083 DSC_1003 DSC_1063 DSC_1024 DSC_1046
DSC_1042 DSC_1053
DSC_1009DSC_1089
The girls got to join the big people’s table this year. The boys stayed in the kitchen. I wonder why.
DSC_1102 DSC_1098
Dessert. Oh my.
DSC_1119
And the lovely hostess responsible for it
DSC_1117
What a fun and exhausting day for a sweet little bunny….here she is passed out after all the partying.(do please note her little ballet slipper socks. They might be my most favourite things of all time.)
bunny
Hope you had a glorious Easter!
Click to see Easter 2010, Easter 2009, Easter 2008 and here's a shot from 2007:

I'm reading: Scenes from Easter 2011Tweet this!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous all of you. Thanks for the lovely pictures! I love your Easters!
Love,

Marmie.

Jill said...

Your picts made us tear up! Danie and I realized just how frumpy and boring our family is after looking at them :) I love you guys!

Thalia Randall said...

adorable. i love ella's gorgeous little dress. xxx

Shona said...

Lovely pictures ! The Summer "looks" are to die for ; )

The Sisters' Hood said...

Ok the sleeping picture at the end, with those socks, and that face, and those lips ... omgosh - too much adorableness!
Congratulations, beautiful ... and you are glowing :)