Finny celebrates 7

A week or two ago we found a tiny pocket of non-rainy weather to have a birthday celebration for Finny.  (His actual birthday was a bit hectic with other events. ) He invited some of his little friends over for a “Sports Party”. We started with Frisbee Golf.
DSC_0185
It was serious business. Thank goodness for Gracie who guided everyone through the very controversial matter of the score cards.
DSC_0183
Ella was the referee. She kept a watchful eye.
DSC_0227theDSC_0228
Then it was time for Capture The Flag.
DSC_0234DSC_0235
DSC_0249
DSC_0252
(As you can tell, Finny isn’t very competitive and wasn’t really into it…)
Then it was the time for a Silly String fight. The last person to be “strung” won.
DSC_0283DSC_0289
In what I felt was a brilliant move, I invented a quick (clean up) game called, “pick up the string”. Creative no??? This involved kids picking up the silly string and rolling it into a ball. Whomever picked up the most won.
DSC_0302
I felt slightly less genius when I found myself saying, “ok guys, come here and show me the size of your balls!”
Then of course it was time for a soccer game. Because we never get to play soccer. (Insert heavy eye rolling here.)
DSC_0317DSC_0338
DSC_0343
At this juncture everyone was hot and dehydrated (we are delicate flowers having not seen the sun for any length of time prior to this 2 hour interlude in the rainfall) and we retired to the house for cake, ice cream and lemonade.
Soccer field cake=officially the easiest cake ever.
DSC_0361
DSC_0377
And then it was time for PRESENTS. Heavy on the lego this year which made the Finnster very happy.
And then an impromptu game of Duck Duck Goose.  The game that children seem to love from the age of 18 months to 21years.
DSC_0404
After which everyone went home and one lucky girl got to do this:
sleepybaby
It was a fun afternoon. And I am pleased to note when I look at these photos that even though they are “big, cool kids” they are still so little and adorable.

I'm reading: Finny celebrates 7Tweet this!

2 comments:

Thalia Randall said...

Your cake impresses me. WAS IT FROM SCRATCH!?!?!?!

Michelle said...

I love this post. Finny is divine. Great cake. You are my Mommy Hero. When I grow up (do I have to?) I wanna be just like you.