Happy 1/2 Birthday to our Ellabeth

In honour of our Ella Enchanted’s  first 1/2 birthday ever, I have finally gotten around to setting the Ella Project to the music of the divine Mindy Gledhill’s “Whole Wide World”.

This was (by design) the first song to play after Ellabeth entered the world, and it has remained her favourite (and consequently, mine too).
On the rare occasions that she is tragic and sad (at the end of a long car ride usually,) we cue it up, and….magic. Tears turn instantly to coos, chuckles and smiles of pure delight and while it plays, she is completely captivated. It truly is as if a switch is flipped. I really must get video of it because it is quite uncanny in the way it never fails, and her joy is just… oh so sweet.
The Ella Project was loosely based around this song in fact, and it was fun putting the silly little scenes to the sweet words of this tune.
I feel like I have come full circle getting this done, because when I was suffering from postpartum depression, I would go on walks with Ella and Aaron in the evenings, and we’d listen to this song as she would drift off to sleep.  Even though I was usually quite miserable, I would imagine making a video of her photos to it and it would make me smile. It was somewhat of a lifeline to have even the simplest of projects to ponder, even if I could not get up the gumption to actually complete it.
What can I say about the last 6 months? They have gone by much too fast! I have had such an intense array of emotions, not all of them have been easy, but the overriding ones at this stage are amazement, joy, gratitude and adoration for our little angel. She makes us so happy. She is completely wonderful.  I cherish every moment I spend with her and am so grateful that we were blessed with her. I wish I could freeze time! Then again, she just gets better every day….Happy 6 months my Ellabethy baby! Hope you enjoy this little tribute.  It is imperative that you watch this with your sound up.

I'm reading: Happy 1/2 Birthday to our EllabethTweet this!

7 comments:

Aaron said...

Brilliant! Love it. Thanks so much for the wonderful memories of our sweet and beautiful little girl.

Kim said...

Awwww! How I want to squish her little baby yummy-ness! Great job!

Trish said...

LOVE her so much Kirs... she looks so snuggly :)

Janet said...

Ahh, hard to believe it's been six months. She's such a beautiful baby girl.

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely adorable! Love it!!

Grancy said...

darling song and beautiful baby.

Jen Lynn said...

Seriously cute. Why do you have to do things that make me sad that I don't live close to you guys? I want to be a part of your community of friends that like to hold your baby.