It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

And here are a few more of my favourite things.
rosycheeks
In honour of her first snow day I dressed Ellabeth in this super, super cute snow(girl?) shirt from our sweet friend Carolyn. Can you see her little toofies? Now that she has 2 on bottom and one on top she likes to grind them. *Shudder* (very unfavourite thing).
boots
Another favourite thing. Big and Little. We finally have some snow but up until now it has been rain, rain and more rain.  The other day Finny’s chore was to clean the living room and I loved how he set up the girls’ rain boots. Ella, Gracie and Me.  Little, Medium, Big. Love it.
hotchocolate
Every night in December we have hot chocolate,  I always get a little something extra (as do my thighs). That’s the perk of sleeping with the hot chocolate maker Winking smile
As we drink hot chocolate we read a Christmas story (I wrap them up and each kid gets a turn to unwrap them. Most of them are from the library but we are trying to buy a new one every year for our own collection. Maybe by the time I have several grandkids I won’t have to go to the library anymore).
books
We also have a little Christmas themed devotional every night. Scripture, carol,etc. This year I put together the Christ book for our devotionals. I found it on my beloved Pinterest (thanks Peggy for sharing).  Some more of my favourite things: cozy evenings watching my kids read to each other, and singing carols together.
cozy
Another of my favourite things: is there anything cuter than a baby in a white sleeper? My husband has always been a total sucker for our babies dressed in white sleepers. Some of my favourite mental images are watching him rock our white sleepered babies in the middle of the night(I buy lots of white sleepers ). In South Africa we call sleepers “Babygros”.I think that is a more endearing name for them. Love my babies in their white babygros.
storytime
Another of my favourite December traditions. Every night someone pulls a note (and chocolate) from our Advent calendar. Here’s a note to daddy from Gracie:
notetodaddy
He does indeed buy mommy flowers. See?  He’s my most favourite thing.
flowers
Another favourite thing: my sweet puppy. Illegally napping on the couch.   I have almost the exact same photo of her a few years ago.
winternap

Some other posts regarding our many  Christmas traditions: Here, here, here, here here and (whew!) here

I'm reading: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas..Tweet this!

4 comments:

jmt said...

I love how her note features food twice. Good girl.

Lovely flowers.

Lovely traditions. You are much better than me. I think I need to start a January tradition....this whole holiday season doesn't work well with me.

Rachel Cotterill said...

Gorgeous pictures - and it sounds like you have a lot of great Christmas traditions going there :)

The Sisters' Hood said...

its beginning to look a lot like Christmas .... and that babe in her swaddling clothes ... swoon ;)

Sarah Leonard said...

I love the idea of a Chrismtas hot chocolate tradition. I might have to pinch that :)

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity