Spring Cleaning and life-changing Lemon Cake

DSC_0536
I am using my children who are on the Spring break as unpaid babysitters while I get some deep cleaning done. It’s great. Actually, Ella is just so content when everyone is home, that she is pretty much entertains herself, putting dog food into the dog water bowl (which Gracie euphemistically refers to as “making dog food soup”), shredding toilet paper and what have you. You know…generally undoing my efforts at order.  That’s ok. She looks cute doing it.
010
Otherwise, we have been chilling. The kids went to see a movie yesterday, and walked to the ice cream shop today but mostly they are just hanging, playing soccer in the park and chilling around the house. Benj has made great progress on one of my favourite pieces of classical music, Pachelbel’s Canon.  I told my kids long ago that I wanted them to play it on their various instruments for my funeral. (I’m hoping this is not why he has been particularly dedicated to this piece.)
011
The girls have been working hard on their piano playing too, this week
piano practice
Ironically I have no recent practicing pictures of Gabe, our most dedicated musician, but I have these cute shots of him being the sweet big brother that he is. He introduced Ella to the Castle.  She is a fan.
007012
Not sure where Finny is in all of this but here’s a picture I took of his lady-killer eye(s) while we were cuddling recently. He will always be my little boyfriend.
finnyeye
Whilst Spring cleaning today, I came across another life-changing recipe.  It is perfect for Spring. Light and delectable. Way too easy to eat. I think I shall make it for Easter Sunday. It is definitely a lot easier than this attempt and every bit as yummy.
lifechanging lemon

Carolyn’s To-Die-For Lemon Cake.   (I do so love that Carolyn.)
Lemon or yellow cake mix
1 small package of lemon jello
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
3 eggs
Mix, bake at 350 for 30-35 mins
Glaze :
1 + 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
2 Tbs melted butter
5-6 Tbs lemon juice
Mix glaze and set aside.
Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for 5 mins.
Poke holes in cake, pour glaze over.
Devour!

I'm reading: Spring Cleaning and life-changing Lemon CakeTweet this!

4 comments:

Jules said...

I must make this lemon cake. Maybe even tonight. I think I can do that, if I make a deal with myself about how much grading I'll get done...

And I can't tell you how happy I am every time you post a pic of Benj or Gabe playing piano. Yea, it verily makes me cry a little, because I miss teaching them so much.

Lisa said...

My mom makes that cake! It really is amazing. Not much to look at but uber yummy.

April Kennedy said...

I love anything lemon so I am definitely going to have to try this recipe!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yumyum!Will try it! Your kids look SO sweet in their ernest musical commitment! And those eyes! They are dangerous! How come no Easter outfit pictures??? How can we get on with life before they are out?? Will be reading with bated breath!
Love,
Marmie.