Ode for my Marmie~in celebration of her recent birthday and of course, Mother’s Day.


momandme
Marmie
A friend to me, a friend to all
My confidante and cheerleader
When I soar and when I fall

Faith unwavering
She aces life’s trials with a smile
Serves all and sundry
Going a million extra miles

Her energy is boundless
Her stamina without limit
If life was an Iron Woman race
She would surely win it

Her talents and skills are without end
There is no problem that she cannot mend
Her advice is highly sought
Her ear or shoulder she’s quick to lend

She romances the ordinary
In our solar system she’s the sun
The bland she makes beautiful
The dull she makes fun

She’s our anchor, our rock
The inspiration, the glue
Darling Marmie,
I love you!
xoxoxoxoxxxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

I'm reading: Ode for my Marmie~in celebration of her recent birthday and of course, Mother’s Day.Tweet this!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, Daughter dear,
To my heart you do bring cheer!
As the only one a sonnet to receive,
This year I am happy while the rest of them grieve!
You are funny, you have talent,
Your comments to me are truly gallant!
Though undeserved, I bask in the glow,
But I think I'll end now 'cause "glow" rhymes with "hoe!