Searching for Sugarman…

A friend of mine told me about this documentary. I watched it today with my kids and my husband and we were all riveted.  My mind is currently too blown to say much more than…you should watch this. And so should everyone you know.  If you want to have a meaningful discussion about life, and what it all means, you should watch this.  If you want to see the meaning of a true artist. You should watch this.  If you want to hear some incredible music, you should watch this. If you want to see some magnificent scenery..you should watch this. If you want to rethink everything you previously believed about success….watch this.

No really. Watch it. Life changing.
Also…this

I'm reading: Searching for Sugarman…Tweet this!

3 comments:

Lucia said...

whoa... it just occurred to me, after all the expat blog stalking I've been doing as of late, that I already have my very own expat bestie here in town. Sweet, I'm looking at your blog in a whole new light, my witty expat friend.

robin said...

I saw the show Jeff Probst on tv last week (forget which day) and saw the interview with the guy who filmed it (and the artist.) I am glad you gave it such good reviews. I'll plan on watching it!

Anonymous said...

I read the movie write up months ago. Decided I did not like documentaries. Then Janine & Rolf told us it was great. It has been running in SA since 31 August. After reading your blog decided this was the day and dad and I went to see it tonight. Absolutely wonderful. What an amazing man!! What humility. What balance. What insight. What a mind. What tributes from his children. AWESOME! I felt so proud to be South African. Our country recognised his talent, and resonated with his message. Thanks for getting us to the cinema.