Because if I don't worry I am being irresponsible dontcha know

Aaron: So I saw a cartoon in the newspaper I was going to clip for you

Me: Oh really? What was it about?

Aaron: Well there's this husband and he is sitting up in bed saying "I can't sleep! I'm so worried that we won't be able to sell our home in this market!" And the wife says, "But honey, we don't want to sell our home". And he says, "yes but what if we wanted to??! I'm so worried! What should I do?" And then the wife replies, "I know what I'm going to do. I'm going to go to sleep and be happy that I am not you!"

Me: And that scenario was familiar to you?

Aaron: Little bit...yes. Just..flipped.

This morning, at 2am I informed Aaron that the financial sky was falling!The stock market!!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STOCK MARKET TODAY? They were saying we were in the worst economic shape we had been in since the 1930's! The Great Depression! We were all going to starve! The bread lines! Aaron! The BREAD LINES!!!

He said, "hmmm.....no I don't think so. Things will probably get better tomorrow" Today when he called from work I asked him what the stock market was doing today. He said "hmm....let me check., "hmmm...yes our stocks are up".

I want you to know that the day Aaron worries, I am going to post to this website. And that is the day that you really should take it upon yourself to panic. But until then, don't worry. I will take care of that for all of us.

I'm reading: Because if I don't worry I am being irresponsible dontcha knowTweet this!

3 comments:

Denise said...

LOL!!! I love your husband!!!

~ Keara said...

Oh, K...you make me laugh. I woke up in a panic last night too. I try to ignore all the financial mess because I am powerless to fix it, but it's getting to me also. I'm waiting for the bottom to fall out. I'll keep checking your blog daily to see if Aaron has begun to worry yet.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Kirsty that is just plain hilarious. Good thing you have Aaron to keep you calm. :)