No sew window treatments


I sewed kitchen curtains once. They were cute enough. They took a lot longer then these did though. These were made with a hot glue gun. Fabric and a hot glue-gun. That's all you need.

I recently redecorated my kitchen. I was looking for a window treatment that was casual and unfussy. I loved the look of these, they were just what I was envisaging. When I discovered I could make them with glue, I was doubly sold. That's my kind of sewing baby.

The beauty of these is that you can "fluff them" as the original creator puts it, re-drape them and re-invent them to look as casual or as formal as you'd like. The ones we made look sort of like dish-towels which is what I was going for, the ones on the site where we got the idea were far more structured and beautiful for a more formal room.

When we hung these up we loved how they looked, but soon realized that they blocked out more light then we'd like them to.

No problem, my husband hitched them up in no time flat. No further glue nor pins required(we even went without the safety pins and hooked everything up with the curtain rings). We could have done with about 1/2 the fabric though.

Without further ado...Glue your way to new window treatments with this clever lady

Have fun!

I'm reading: No sew window treatmentsTweet this!

19 comments:

Audra Krell said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun doing this. Glueing is the only sewing I would possibly be capable of! Very fun pictures!

Julie said...

Those are really cute! I've been needing a cute window treatment for my babies room that she won't be able to reach....you're saving the day!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

What great inspiration to make and not buy something we want!

Anonymous said...

Those look wonderful! And thanks for the link to Lindsey's tutorial.

Angela Nazworth said...

What a great idea. I love it! I need to bookmark this b/c we will probably be moving soon.

Mo said...

Those are really cute! And, as you said so succinctly, that's my kinda sewin'!! I need a window treatment for my kitchen, and this might just save the day; thanks for sharin' it!

Have a great week ahead...

Niki Jolene said...

Clever..I appreciate stuff like this because I can't sew to save my life!

:)

Janet said...

Beautiful and simple. What could be better? When do we get to see the full kitchen makeover?

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Fantastic!! They look really great. You did a nice job and I think that fabric is wonderful. I'm glad the instructions worked! :)

Hoosier Homemade said...

Very cute! Love the pink!
Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Jennifer said...

Cute idea! :)

Unknown said...

Those are so cute and whimsical! Awesome idea and awesome job!

MediMonsters said...

I have done something similar to this. I love the pink!!

Lisa said...

Love the idea, I just might try it.

annies home said...

Nice pretty and easy would look great in daughters room I think I will use this idea

Anonymous said...

I really like this idea. We just painted our kitchen and I need a small curtain for the window. I've got my glue gun, so I think I can do this!
Thanks!
Cindy
cindy[at]axcesnet[dot]com

nyn said...

You Rock!! they turned out so adorable. I love them. Now i just need you to come here and make some for me. I am a little fearful of the gluegun.

JessieLeigh said...

What a sweet idea! Love the idea of being able to change something up and making it look new and fresh.

And curtains can be SO pricey if you're not careful. This is a great way to be able to get just the right color and fabric. Thanks for sharing!

Heather@justdoingmybest said...

Anything involving "no-sew" is a winner in my book! I'd love to sew but everything I attempt looks pitiful. :) Thanks for sharing.