All inclusive award acceptance ceremony....

(In the blogging world, awards are sometimes given by one blogger to another. While I am always so flattered and grateful to receive one, I am quite remiss in following protocol. Today I am attempting to catch up and exhibit better blogging etiquette.) Without further ado....

Wow. Just. Wow. This is so emotional for me *give me a second as I scrabble through my pockets to find my totally spontaneous acceptance speech*

You know, all my life I have dreamed of this day, and now that this dream is a reality, I'd like to thank the Academy and also my family for your support, for my manager who is yet to exist and my trainers from Bravo's workout, but in particular the following people for your nominations, without you, I'd be nothing..



The Lovely Mrs. M who bestowed upon me this lovelyMom of the Year award.

Rules of the Award:Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are no longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

Hmm ok...just one. Ok how's this? I feel bad that I let my kids see so much of my bad side, they hear me vent and whine and moan way too much and sometimes when they vent and whine and moan, they sound just like me. Basically, I lack self-control when it comes to hiding my less pleasant emotions. I will stop feeling bad about it once I master it. How about that? ;)

Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!

Well alrighty then.

  • I love cuddling with my kids. All four are really good about letting me cuddle and baby them.
  • I love taking care of them. I love making them feel special and loved. It makes me feel like I'm doing what I came here to do.
  • I love teaching them spiritual things and listening to their perspective on them. They are so much older spiritually then I am.
  • I love listening to them pray
  • I love spontaneously treating them. It's so much fun to see their excitement.
  • I love watching them play with each other. I love that they get on so well and find so much enjoyment in each others' company. I love that that they have a whole little "thing" going on together that I am not a part of.
  • I love that they are always happy to see me when I come through the door. No matter what kind of sour note I may have left on, it is always forgotten when I return. Kids are so unconditional in their love.
Send this to five other Mom's Of The Year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
Kaylene@ 5 times blessed.Mom of 5 who loves her children so passionately (and she has a teenager...)
Laura@ Happy2Scrap. The mom of 7 who is always, always cheerful and still has time to scrapbook. Yeah I think she might be an alien too.
Stephanie @ The Archibald Post. Happy, creative, hilarious mom of one. Her little boy must have such a fun life.
Devon @Defining Devon who shares what it is like to be the mommy of a baby with a rare neuromuscular disease. She's awesome.
Heather, my sweet sister in law. She has 2 little boys about 2 years apart like our first two are, and is expecting her third, a little girl, just like we did. I am loving watching their sweet little family grow. It brings back such happy memories. She is such a wonderful mommy.




Thank you to Lisa of Moore Minutes, whose lovely blog I recently discovered and have thoroughly enjoyed following. She has the sweetest little family and it's a pleasure to read about her pride in them and the things they do together. She also seems to be one heck of a housewife/cook. There are tons of tips and recipes there.

Four more lovely blogs are:
For Love & Funny by Lynn. Anything that makes me laugh, is lovely
4 Kennedy's and a Dog by April. It's her birthday this week, go to her lovely blog to wish her!
Shady Willow Lane written by Leah. I always get a happy feeling when I visit Leah's blog. You will too.
This Family Called Browne by Kallie. Funny, unassuming, sweet mama Kallie. Her blog never fails to make me smile and laugh. Never miss watching a video of her kids.


Krista, aka Mommy dear from The Musings of Mommy Dearest gave me the passionate blogger award some time back and I've been considering what 5 things I am passionate about to write about ever since. Now be forewarned that this is going to make me sound like I consider myself to be the ultimate philanthropist and I'm sooo far from that, but passion to me is a very strong word and speaks to my deepest soul's desires which as children of God are also, I think, our purest desires and greatest motivators.

1. I am passionate about helping others to avoid or endure the trials and problems I have experienced in the past, and to find the successes and solutions I have had, if I can. So many people have done so much to help me, and really there is no greater satisfaction then paying it forward. It makes meaning out of our lives, don't you think?

2. I am passionate about helping people, particularly the youth I work with right now, to see the love and hand of God in their lives and to understand their unlimited potential and worth.

3. I am passionate about my family, I am passionate about helping my children to discover their life's mission and to find joy in fulfilling. I am passionate about living the Gospel in a way so that we can experience true happiness together here and forever.

4. I am passionate about helping those less fortunate them myself and for creating awareness for their plight. I am passionate about equality for the underdog.

5. I am passionate about finding my purpose in life and living up to it.

Five other passionate bloggers:
For displaying great passion for your family and your faith:
Michelle thepaparazziemom
Trish at mom102
Jen at Adventures in learning
For helping us in our passion and quest for financial well-being:
Janet at the money jar
Because their very blog's sub-title is "A passion for paper"
Artfire Paper Crafters


And finally, I was tagged by Brea's Mommy some time ago
10 Things You are Dying to Know (but not really)

1. What is your current obsession? Getting all the medicine into my bunny's mouth. People, you have no.idea.

2. Which item of clothing o you wear most often? I like to wear skirts. I wear them as much as I can, weather permitting. They are so cool and comfortable.

3. What's for dinner? Oh dear, no idea!

4. What are you listening to? Back door swinging, kids organizing a game together.

5. Say something about the one who tagged you- She has a really fun blog, giveaways, reviews galore.

6. Favorite vacation spots? Cape Town, South Africa (so far).

7. What am I reading right now? I'm reading a book about Alice Waters and Chez Panisse.

8. Four word to describe myself. Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter (how's that for a cop-out? ;)

9. Guilty Pleasure? Snickers Ice Cream Bars. Holy cow those are good.

10. First Spring thing to do? Drive with my windows open.

I'm exhausted, so take the tag if you like :)

If I have forgotten any other long neglected awards please know that I am touched and thrilled that you'd remember me.

I'm reading: All inclusive award acceptance ceremony....Tweet this!

7 comments:

April Kennedy said...

Wow...thanks for the award. I haven't received one in awhile and I, too, am horrible about following protocol on the receiving end of an award. So yeah for not having to do anything with it! Thanks. My birthday is Friday and I plan on having a pleasant week. Thanks for the wishes!

hugs,
april

Kaylene said...

Thanks for the award, Kirsty :) I actually did it for once, although I'm so busy I didn't put TOO much thought into the "7 things" (there are SOOO many anyway ;) ) Check it out when you get a moment :)

Janet said...

Thanks so much for the award dear Kirsty. :)

jmt said...

First Spring thing to do....I AGREE. I love the day when I can roll down the windows and turn the music up....ahhhh. Remember back when windows used to be crank downs? Kids will never know...

The Sayer Family said...

Thank you so much Kirsty. This award couldn't have come at a better time. I was having a couple of those days where you just didn't feel like you measured up as a mom. Thank you for your sweet words. I will try to post it when I get a free minute.

Trish said...

I just now saw your comment to me.. and the award.. Thank you Kirsty. You are such a beautiful soul and I love and adore you. I feel extremely blessed to have your friendship and support :)

Stephanie said...

OK, Kirsty, I find it hilarious that I just realized TODAY that you had nominated me for Mom of the Year! The funny thing is, I read this post back when you posted it, so I don't know how I missed it the first time. It must be that I'm just so humble, I couldn't stand the compliments. (bwah ha ha!)

I'm so so honored. Especially since when my friends Renae and Tanya and I go walking three days a week at an ungodly hour of the morning, we joke about how mean we can be to our kids (chores! church! yelling at them to stop yelling!) and wonder why none of us has been nominated for Mother of the Year. Now I can totally rub my nomination in their faces, just like a good friend should! :-)

Much love and adoration from Utah, as always. You inspire me all the time!