Today I was SUPER-HUMAN....




This morning I did the wall-sit in my bathroom, talking to Finny for....

SIX MINUTES.

Yeah baby. SIX. (6)
(It wasn't even that hard, although I'll admit that I got a tiny bit testy around 5 mins and 30 seconds in when he HAD to know why I had not guessed that he would most like to be a zebra out of all the possible animals in the savannah.)

And then I did it again for 5 mins and later on for 3 mins. I could have gone to 6 again...I just got bored.

Then I did lots of push-ups and bench-dips (using my bath-tub and toilet as the benches-now isn't that brilliant? Yes I thought so too.)

Then I did a training session, lugging 30+lbs worth of weights to said trainees house. And yelling at her. Gillian style. (She did great. She might have been scared. I don't know.)

Then I volunteered at the school library. Which is very strenuous.

Then I went for a run. I ran a 5k 2 minutes faster then usual, I talked to my friend, running beside me (loudly since she was listening to her music trying to drown me out), called to (heckled) my husband running in front or behind me as I lapped him, and sang to Prince (it may have been obnoxious..I don't know) the whole way. Then I finished with the fastest 100m sprint of my LIFE. It was INCREDIBLY FAST. I could have been in the Olympics. I could have broken the OLYMPIC RECORD. There is NO DOUBT IN MY MIND about this.

I did not feel at all tired after that.

So then....

Then I did another wall sit for 5 minutes.

'Til I got bored.

Then I did a plank for 2:30 minutes and another for 1.

Then I did 30 bench-presses. And a pull-up.

Still not tired.

Then I could have run a marathon after that. And gotten my personal best. No doubt about it. I considered looking to see if there was one going on anywhere in the country tonight. I could have run there and arrived in time.

And yet, I feel as if I have done nothing. NOTHING I say. I could do it all again. I laugh in the face of further physical challenges. HAHahaaHAHAHA. I LAUGH. Bring it, Nathan.

Do you want to know HOW I DID ALL THESE THINGS???

THE SECRET TO MY SUPERHUMAN STRENGTH???

DO YOU????!!!!!!!!

Ssshhhh....come in closer....

Just a bit closer.. and I will tell you.....

Krispy Kreme donuts.

For the last 18 hours that's pretty much all I've eaten.

I am so mad about all that Kashi I've been eating up until now.

I'm reading: Today I was SUPER-HUMAN....Tweet this!

22 comments:

April Kennedy said...

hahaha! I thought you were going to say "....and then you woke up!"

Stephanie said...

TRULY the elixir of life. The proof: I started my day with a banana nut muffin and a Diet Dr. Pepper, and I didn't accomplish nearly as much as you did! :-)

alpinekleins said...

Krispy Kremes huh? Never would have guessed, wonder what they spiked them with :) JK - wish I had your energy, made me tired just reading about it - LOL.

Kristin

Aaron B. said...

You are too funny, Babe. I am totally going on the Krispy Kreme diet and taking you on.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

You need to send a link to this post to Krispy Kreme. :)

jmt said...

Ummmm, would you be offended if I called you NUTS?????

Seriously, woman.

Wall sits? I refuse to do those after my 4 years of cheerleading in high school. UGH ICK and PHOOEY.

I'm amazed at how much you accomplish though, honestly. It's inspiring....just as soon as I get some energy. :)

julia said...

No fair! I eat Krispy Kremes too but not wall sits for me, not anymore anyway. I used to do them.

chiara said...

Sooooo... were you sore the next day? Because that sounds crazy, then again, if you're Superwoman then you wouldn't be. I had a krispy kreme like donut before my 8 mile run and well, it didn't give me your olympic strength so it must be specific krispy kreme and only krispy kreme.

Peg said...

I thought the magic trick was your magic light.

Katie said...

Wow! I feel like a slacker - maybe I should eat some Krispy Kremes, too...

HAPPY SITS DAY to you!!! :D

Paula said...

That's too funny! Pure sugar gave you all that strength!!

Did you crash hard afterwards?

floreta said...

haha you seem fun! not into many mom bloggers but i'll follow you :) here thru sits.

i have mismatched socks allll the time!

Anonymous said...

HAHA...I'm with April...I thought you were going to wake-up from the dream! THIS was real? Wowza...you rock mama!
Will run...(drive)...to the Krispy Kreme store to see what it'll do for me. LMAO...

Charlene said...

Wow - and all this time I've been eating spinach. NO WONDER! LOL! Seriously though, I have a "thing" where I can't eat food from stores who intentionally misspell words. (Okay - not seriously.) Loving your blog. Happy SITS Day!

Unknown said...

I could handle the library. The plank would have killed me.

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

LOL! That's hilarious! You know that Kashi stuff made me sick the first time I had it -- never tried it since. I think I too, will stick with the donuts! That explains all my extra abilities lately too! :) Happy SITS day to you.

k a b l o o e y said...

Hey, I'm late to the party (bit socially phobic) but I brought more dip. Nice to meet you; I'm over from the SITSstah-hood, but I'm moving in. (Well, adding you to my reader and following.) I feel you re: grocery bags and sock issues. If people have a policy, OK, but everyone should get a by the first time they come over, so they're not caught unawares. Only fair. I loved "...I sensed there needed to be a list." Again, congrats. You deserve it.

Kat @ TodaysCliche.com said...

Screw the Kashi! LOVE that you did doughnuts!

Baby Sweetness said...

Ah- perfect!

Diana said...

That is a seriously funny post. I wish I had energy like that right now!

A. Gama said...

Now that's my kind of diet!

alaJoAnn said...

For heaven sakes, what is a "wall sit?"